Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I set a world record

Neck of Steel CindyNNeck of Steel Cindy Posts: 1,064
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Water Cooler
Most of you know I have 4 daughters and one son. I took 3 of the girls shopping today for some necessities. I think I set a record:

21 bras
36 pair panties
36 pair socks

I am completely wiped out from helping them decide are they a 32A or 34A or 32B or oops do we want padded or underwire or that isn't thick enough or ewwww, that is ugly, or I can't wear one with a bow on it (I thought it was cute), or will this one show through my t-shirts, or I already have one that color.... My mind is still spinning.

And to top it all off, I had to carry it all through the stores, because heaven forbid if a cute guy walked by and saw them holding a bra--oh my!

Let's just say that I think one on one shopping for "intimates" is the way to go next time.

But we are finished. Next round is shoe shopping. I think their oldest sister is going to take them for that one. After today, it will be a few days before I am up to shopping again!

Can anyone beat me? Ever bought 21 bras at the same time?

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!

• Sure wouldn't want that credit card bill.
  • Hubby doesn't know how much I spent yet. I better run to the mailbox when the statement comes.

Actually, I didn't put it on a card. I'm saving the card for the rest of hte shopping, he he heheheheh

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • With 2 daughters, I've never done that one. I think you deserve a medal...or at least one of those very large fancy cookies.

Shoe shopping was always very painful for us...3 times around the mall and she still couldn't find anything she liked. Then along came Sketchers! Both girls love 'em and they fit right. My youngest daughter is 5ft 7in, about 110 lbs and wears size 9 shoe....yep tall & skinny with feet to match.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Cindy, so tell me how long will all of last?

And you carried it all. Besides setting the world record for women's essentials, you probably set a record for
    1) Shortest time to spend $$$$$
    2) Heaviest load carried by a Neckie
    3) I am not sure, but I am sure there was something else you set a record for

Take care....
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Read Erin's first line and thought we were in for a treat...sweats? from VS? :(
  • Thankfully I only felt like I was lugging around ONE bowling ball--we shopped at several stores because we couldn't find the correct fit for one of my girls, so it wasn't real heavy. I left bags in the car and moved on to the next store.

Ron, I shouldn't have to take them bra shopping again, unless they all of a sudden start "growing". They will be humiliated if they find out I am writing about this. :jawdrop:

Erin, I tried to get them to shop at Victoria Secret--they were too embarrassed! But I suppose that is good because we could have only purchased about 5 bras for $200 there! Can't afford their prices.

My 11 year old is wearing her first real bra. Great, another one about to embark the lovely hormonal peaks and valleys of womanhood. Let's just say we have a lot of estrogen running through our house!

• Erin, I wouldn't want to trade you places. I'll stick with the girls. Thankfully I only have one son and he didn't play sports much. Hubby bought him the one jock strap he ever needed. A couple of years ago he tried to take my girls shopping for school clothes. Of course the older girls needed a couple of bras at that time too. They were absolutely mortified that dad was helping them buy bras. We learned that is just not a cool thing for a dad to do with his daughters! I'm all for making memories together, but that one is something the girls want to forget! I'm just glad that I was able to be up and around enough to go with them this year.