Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

karenckkarenc Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Pain Medications
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone out there can answer a question for me please! I just got my Fentanyl patches refilled 25mcg's and 12mcg's. I have been using these now for about 3-4 mths. BUT this time I had to use a different pharmacy and the 25mcg patches were differently made than I have had in the past. Its like they have the liquid meds in the patch to make it sort of look like a gel pack. The directions didnt say a whole lot so here's where my question comes in. I peeled of the back and stuck the sticky back part to my skin but i was wondering does the front part have to be peeled off too or just the back. one end is shaped sort of pointy and the other end is just a rectangle with rounded edges. the 12mcg patch is the same as i have always had just a little rectangle with all rounded edges and its not got any gel in it. I hope I did a good job in my description. I am hoping I did this right cause i am afraid that if i was supposed to peel something else off and didnt that it would affect the absorbtion ability. I am hoping someone out there will be able to tell me if i did it right or not. i cant remember the company name that makes them but they are both the generic patches for teh brand name of duragesic. thanks in advance for any and all info that anyone out there would care to give me!!!

• Thanks Paul!

You seem to be coming to my rescue all the time! LOL I really appreciate it! Yes I like the other ones better too but where I am located at, for some reason we have a hard time being able to get my patches refilled on time without having to wait for about a week to get them ordered and filled. But where I got them refilled this time was at the pain clinics own pharmacy and they keep them in stock so it was either take them this way and get them on time OR go somewhere else and wait in pain for them just to get the other brand.