Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One Step Closer

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi All! I am one step closer to my DX.
My PM doc said I had fibro and sent me to a Rheum Doc. I saw her today and she agrees it's probably fibro but she ordered a slew of tests to rule out everything else. She was really sweet.
I have lucked out on docs so far! My PM is wonderful and now I love my Rheum too.
She has a diet program for pain free living. Is anyone else on a strict diet? Lord knows I need one. I just love my caffeine and sugar! It will be hard to give up.
Well I go back in two weeks after the test results are back in and I'll let you all know how it goes.
What happen to all the posting? Come on girls (and I'm sure guys too) where is everyone?

• to this forum and my rheumatologist had me increase my vitamin D even though I tested as not deficient and trying to get my magnesium intake up to about 750mg /day. I drink alot of diet soda. She wanted me to decrease that (drink caffeine free mostly), I'm not a big sweet eater. She did not feel there was a diet. But I don't eat a lot of sweets.
  • diet sodas do no good for are body, anything with fake sugar does more harm then good old real sugar try stevia for your sugar craves i felt tons better in all different ways after stopping all fake sugars, i can almost promise you will feel better just my opinion, but its a strong one ,bless you all
  • I was diagnosed with fibro in 1992. As of late last year I eat mostly a raw diet of fruits and vegetables; cooked fish and poultry. No processed flour, soft drinks, sugar or corn syrup. I did this for reasons other than my fibro but I figured it would really help the fibro. I haven't really noticed an improvement, but it could be because I have DDD issues.

1992 Fibromyalgia
    1993 ACDF c6-c7
    Late 2007 anticardiolipin antibody syndrome
    8/2008 posterior cervical foraminotomy and foraminectomy at 3 levels (c4-c5, c5-c6, and c7-t1) with arthrodesis
    DDD and severe spondylosis at all cervical levels (except c6-c7).