Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello New Here - From Byron, IL

LadyBugLLadyBug Posts: 851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
My name is Patsy.
I am 45 years

I'm so glad I found this forum. I am hoping to join your community. I have several complications that I am interested in sharing

and communicating with all of you.

I will start here with a short list of the things that are bothering me and elaborate further with time.

I have balance problems with walking,some numbness and weakness in both legs,feet,arms,and fingers, more on right side then left. I

do get little tingles in lower legs,feet arms and hands.I have hyper reflexes,and at times I have difficulty swallowing. I get

tension/migraine headaches.I wake up during the night with pinky and ring finger very numb this can happen to either hands. I have

seen many doctors, A few have said possible MS,but all test have come back negative for MS.On 04-12-06 I had MRI done that indicated centraldisk extrusion with lateral spondylosis causing spinal stenosis in the left neural foramen. reverse 3 mm subluxation of c-5 on c-6 was also described. disk protrusion at c3-c4. was told stenosis could be causing the difficulties with my balance. On 6-23-08 I had MRI of the whole back.reversal of the normal cervical lordosis from c-3 through c-7 levels. at c3-4 there is a broad based disc and osteophyte complex with impingement on the spinal cord. at c4-5 there is also a broad-based disc and osteophyte complex without significant cord compression. at c5-6 there is a broad based disc and osteophyte complex with narrowing of the canal and focal narrowing of the left neuroforamen from a focal disc and osteophyte. At c6-7 there is a large right posterolateral disc herniation with impingement and displacement of the spinal cord and marked narrowing of the right euroforamen. And this is what surgeon writes at the bottom of the page. The patient has a multitude of symptoms of on clear etiology. She does have significant multilevel cervical disc protrusions and spondylosis, most significant at c6-7, but surprisingly does not have a right sided cevical radicular syndrome.she has myelopathic symptoms and does have brisk reflexes. unfortunately the treatment of her problem would be a fairly significant multilevel cervical decompression and fusion I do not think she is a good candidate for this operation with so many confounding issues. I told her that since she has seen DR. ---- in the past maybe she would benefit from a second opinion from him since her MRI has changed.

Can anyone help me understand what is happening so I can get better?