Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Precious BamaPPrecious Bama Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Has anyone ever talked to Laser Spine Institute, Tampa, Fl.
They just about told me what I was having done was unnecessary and they could do it with minor surgery without cage, etc. I told him my insurance is not good in Florida. Anyone with experience with them.

• I would like to expose my case about two surgical proposals:

one is the traditional approach of anterior vertebral corpectomy and fusion of c5 and c7 (c6 vertebral body would be taken out), then using a titanium plate and 4 screws and a piece of bone c5 and c7 will be fused together.

the other proposal is from the same institution as from which PM is referring to. They say that a conventional surgery like the one described above is not needed and minimally invasive laminotomy and foraminotomy is appropriate for my case.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• :) Precious Bama, go to the old archive threads from SH, probably under chronic pain or Back surgery and run a search on the place. there are some posts about it on the old SH. good luck! Jenny :)
  • i called to find my medicare would only take on part of their fee. so i can't afford the balance. they did call me back.