Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

starting with new Dr tomorrow

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Pain Management
Tomorrow I start with my new PM Doc, well one of them, the "meds Dr". Im very excited and hopeful for some good pain relief. My previous Dr Whom I fired On July 21st Only gave me enough meds to last until Monday, July 28th so Ive been 3 days in alot of pain. I didnt realize how much pain I was really in. Ive been on meds for over 3 years. I also have an epi scheduled for Aug 27th with my other new Dr. So hopefully with both Dr I will get some relief and can get back to work and back to being a good Mommy & wife. My house is a mess!

• to you! most of us know how difficult it can be to find a decent PM. I will keep my fingers crossed that this one will be right for you. Please post the outcome after the visit.
  • Love my new Dr. It went very very well. He is not afraid to prescribe meds. He put me on Oxycontin 30 mg and vicoden es. He is also friends with my other PM DR ( the Interventional Dr) and knows my attorney ( for my motor Vehicle accident) and said anything they need just ask. He filled out all of my paperwrk for FMLA right there in the office. I know how dr's hate paperwork. He was very sincere and friendly. He is also very strict wit meds...pill counts....drug screens...etc. I am very happy.
  • I was fortunate....my first and only has been great. ESI's no problem, isn't shy about the meds (i'm cautious with them as well and he know's it)...always good to have the one in charge of your pain on your side.
  • I had excellent luck with my PM Dr. too. I had to go through a bunch of stuff before I actually got to see him and he too is an "Interventional Guy" but I have had an excellent experience with him. I just hope and pray he doesn't move to another state or decide to retire. I wouldn't know where to turn. Having a Pain Mgmnt Doctor that you get along with and develop a good relationship with is the best. You feel confident about everything.