Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange sensation in lower leg and foot

MKBMMKB Posts: 30
Hi all. I was wondering if any of you experience a sensation of wetness, like spilled water on the skin of your lower leg and foot. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I check and see where the water came from, and of course, there is none! I don't think I have sciatic problems, although I do have pain and stiffness in one and/or both hips when I first start walking to work.
advertisement

Comments

• and welcome to the forum. You will find much support from our awesome members here. I am not sure what that could be that you are experiencing. Have you discussed this with a doctor? I am sorry that I could not be of more help but I atleast wanted to pop in and welcome you to the boards. Hang on for some member replies....also , please keep us posted as to how you are doing and what you find out. Take care , Miki
  • That feeling is very typical for nerve problems, i.e, sciatica. Sciatica is not a disease in itself but a symptom of something else wrong. You should see either a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon who has completed a spine fellowship and get some real answers.

I often feel like either my feet are wet (they're not) or I have warm water running down the leg (this is pretty creepy when it happens).

Please get checked out to be sure. :)
  • Just before my foot started going numb I was getting the cold water sensation on the outside of my thigh! Have sense been diagnosed with a herniated L5/S1 disc that is pushing against the nerve. YOu don't want to wait on this as it can eventully cause permanent damage.
  • Thanks for all your kind responses. I'll get this checked out at my next appointment.
  • I have the same "cold sensations" like water being poured on my left leg and foot. I had these sensations before for nearly a month- they stopped and started again a few days ago.

Did you find out what was wrong? So strange!

I would appreciate any further diagnosis details-
advertisement