Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I am from California!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Heather I am a 32 year old single mother of 5 kids all under the age of 10. I am having really bad problems with my back. Can someone give me some advice?

• Welcome to spine-health,Have you had a mri?
  • Hi Heather,
    support and infomation is what we are here for. What problems are you having? Have you had an MRI or any other test done? Do you have a good spine doctor (either orthosurgeon or neurosurgeon)? I'm not trying to be nosy, but the more we know about you, the more we can try to guide you.

WOW 5 kids all under 10 yrs old!!!! My sister has 5 kids (and is a single mom) The oldest is 13 and the youngest will be 9 in a couple of weeks. She was on a roll for a while..the first 4 are almost 1 exactly a year apart each (March 30, May 2, May 29, April 1) she was off schedule on the last one...she wasn't born till August. And, only the 4th is a boy! I have 3 boys spaced apart 19, 17 and 6.
    I often have all of them here several times a week. I enjoy having the kids around.

Take care....give us some info and ask some specidfic questions. You will get better responses that way.

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am from California as well. did you rock and roll the other day? it has been alot of years since the last one but sooner or later one rolls along! you will find alot of assistance here so make yourself at home. good luck and i hope to see you around! Jenny :)
  • Yes I did rock and roll. I am in Riverside. I was on the second floor of my house so I felt it pretty good. I see that you and I have some similarities in our problems. How do you put down your issues at the bottom of the page? I have bulging discs and a disc extrusion. L4-L5 and L5- S1. All my problems are on my left side too. I have bone spurs too. There is all kinds of stuff on the mri results. I don't know what all of it means really. I just know that I want to feel better.
  • What type of doc have you been seeing? Any OS or NS? Has anyone offered an explaination of MRI and a solution? I can understand you wanting to feel better. Just keep at the docs to do something for you.
  • I am in So. Cal too, north of you in the desert but work in San Fernando Valley. We did the rock and roll deal last week too. I was glad I was at lunch and not on the 9th floor at my desk!

If you want to post your info at the bottom of your emails just go into My Account link at the top of the Forums page, then Edit, and scroll down to the signature field and enter your info.

Wow, 5 kids! That's a lot to support on your own and it must be very frustrating to be in pain and have to work. Plus your job sounds fairly physical as well. Hopefully you'll get into the next level of doctors soon at the spine clinic, probably a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon and they can give you a good explanation of your MRI findings. I've heard that they generally try conservative treatments before even considering surgery, unless things are very bad.

I have a bulging disk and stenosis at L4-L5 and have been getting better with conservative treatment but it has taken months. I know that a lot of my problems will not get better but have so far been able to manage with NSAIDs and exercise.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • hi Heather! you really have to be persistenet and have at them all the time. and keep track of your tests. it can be a mess if they get misplaced. once you are given your diagnosis things will start moving along for you i hope. your doc will explain all the technical talk and you will feel much better. Jenny :)