Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Things keep changing

malawmmalaw Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Saw my PCP today. While in Rehab my heart rate shot up to 156 and no one knows why ALSO my platelet count went extremely high (950,000). So today Dr. did an echogram and it showed fluid around my heart that they think is blood. They kept asking me is I got out of breath. Of course I do - I am 67 years old, out of shape and having to do a lot of walking.
While I have had a small leak we, or rather he, can't figure where this extra came from. So I get to see the cardiologist next week when he comes to town.

Don't know what effect this will have on my clinic PT that I start tomorrow, but I will tell them about the visit and let him decide.

Anyway, keep up the good thoughts. I expect it to be a whole lot of not too much and we can clear it up with drugs, you never know.

I TOOK A TUB BATH TONIGHT. and finally I truly feel clean. Just sitting on the shower stool never made me feel truly clean since I couldn't soak. It also helped the leg spasms for a few minutes.

• So sorry to hear about this! Sometimes, if it's not one thing, it's another! :(

Maybe you should skip the PT tomorrow. I would ask the cardiologist - can you place a phone call?

Best wishes!
  • Larry is pretty conservation in the treatment anyway (used him with my knee). So he will probably call PCP for more info or I can run across the street to the office. Will let you know what happens.
  • Is my motto. I am so sorry to hear of the added problem that you are having. I will sure keep you in my thoughts and hope that it is something very small and easy to fix. Please do keep us posted on the outcome.
  • That just sounds plain old SCARY to me!!

You take it easy and don't don ANYTHING strenuos. Keep us posted and best of luck.

p.s. my NS is the one that got me going to a cardiologist. We talked one time about my heart history and he got so mad that I was not seeing a cardio. He said that what he works on, my back, is just about pain, but that my heart could kill me. He really gave me a talking to and ever since, I've had a cardiologist and been good about doing all the tests and tracking that is required of me there.
  • I was right about my PT. Larry decided I can do core exercises ,but no cardio. Took care of me walking in pool. I have to have a release from cardio dr. to start PT.

I can't get in to cardio dr. until 14th, but my PCP is going to do another echo on the 7th so he is taking this real serious. There is a family history of congestive heart failure (Mom and Grandma), so I will do what they tell me. Have some fluid pills that I will take to try to get a head start on this. Have been a little down today since I wanted this surgery to be a piece of cake like most of the others have been. Oh, well, this too shall pass.

Sure put a kink in my plans for today. My daughter gave me a lecture on taking it easy - so I did. Followed the Cat's Way of Life - eat, sleep, potty, sleep, snack, sleep, play, sleep. The only problem is I could get used to this and my creditors wouldn't like that. I will call one of the ladies in my Sunday School class and get the good ol' southern prayer chain going - could get a couple of cousins going on it. It never hurts.

More later. Thanks for the good thoughts. I feel them even when I am not on line.