Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My physical therapist is so wonderful

dcarterddcarter Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a fusion at the end of April in my lumbar spinge. My brother had a fusion on his neck about 5 days before mine. We both have now been diagnosed with having one hip higher than the other and we both have been sent to physical therapy at different places.
His therapist has him on a heat treatment and told him that there is not much that he can do and that my brother will need to go to a chirpractor.
My therapist told me that she can adjust me in a month and teach me the different exercizes to stabilize me.
I talked to my therapist about my brother and she said that heat therapy will do nothing for him and that a chiropractor cannot help either. she stated that there are alot of physical therapist out there that just will not take the classes the teach about pelvic alignment and so they really do not fix the actual problem. She told me that she has fellow employees that told her that they just do not want to work on any pelvic area at all.
I have had my first alignment today with her and I am telling you, I feel so much better already. She stated that it will take a few sessions to keep it aligned and then gave me the DYNAMIC LUMBAR STABILAZATION exercizes to do at least a half hour a night.
I guess we all need to be careful on who we go to for our spine problems and make sure that we do our homework on each dr that we see. My brother is through DSHS and changing to a different dr may be a little difficult for him being that they only go on recommendations and dont really let you pick and choose who you want to go to. Hopefully they will let him change. My therapist said that he won't get better without going to a therapist that took the pelvic classes.

• I hope he can get to your therapist! It's so good that you can compare. Is it possible to show him the exercises at least?

Good luck on getting things fixed for your brother and great going for you!
  • I made a copy of the program that she gave me a recommended him to this sight for help from you all as well. My therapist said that hip problems could be what is causing all his other problems and without proper treatment he will have nothing but problems all his life. he is only 41 years young. I would hate to have him suffer just because he has treatment that does no good.
  • I cant belive the medical system you guys have in the US. I know that in Aussie we complain about ours here but honestly the more I read the more I realise what a nightmare it must be for you all.
    To not be able to choose your own Dr/surgoen or therapist is beyond me, especially when you have paid for your insurance (well via your work anyway).

Dcarter, as you said your borther is only young still and really it would be worth paying for a 'propperly trained" therapist himself, if his insurance wont change him. When you think he has another 40 years of this and he has already had problems then it would be worth the investment.

Blessings Sara