Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please need some feedback on radiofiequency pain and

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am going for a nerve burn this coming Fri. Dr. is doing L3,4,5 :? I have read that after you are really hurting?? I am going to be put to sleep and have a fear in me doing this, but I have run out of options. My back hurts so bad and have had way too many shots. Now I am having high blood pressure and skin is thined and bruise all over (skin hemmorage) This is the last thing for me I guess. How come the Dr. is doing all 3 nerves at once? Have you had that happen? I called my Dr. and they told me the reason was they could only do this once every 6 months. Maybe the MA was thinking that one nerve can only be done every 6 months. Can you please give me some insight on this. It is so good to hear about people who have had this done.

• I am not familiar with this but have considered it as well. I would love and appreciate if you let us know how it turned out.

In a way it makes sense to do them all if you can't do it but every 6 months how do they pick 1? I'd have to google and research the standard which I'm sure you've already done as you're preparing to do it. It sounds like you're anxious & rightfully so I know I would be too just because we've been through so much searching for some relief.

I'm sure someone will come along that can help you and share their experience. I hope it works for you!!
    Good luck!!!!
  • still searching for some feedback
  • I think this is the same thing my husband had done numerous - like 16 times in just over a year - prior to his emergency discectomy.

It helped almost immediately, he was NOT in much pain afterwards at all. The thing I remember most is the smell! I came to hate that burnt smell everytime he came out of the OR.

They pain relief did not last long at all for him - as evidenced by how many times he went in. It was for several levels. I do know he had the same ones done several time though.
  • I had it done (L1-S1) prior to my surgery. It was the last option before have the fusion done. It hurt big time!! After the meds wore off, the pain was intense for a good 4 days for me. The doctor said the results would take up to 6 weeks. Never happened.