Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all! New here from Houma, LA

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in New Member Introductions
:) My name is Cyndi, and I am new here on spine health. I was diagnosed with having scoliosis at age 8, and I am now, dare I say it, 31. I have 4 wonderful children ranging in ages 11-5, and I have one step-son age 3 1/2. I was previously married for 10 1/2 years, but now I am very happily remarried to a wonderful man.

At the age of 8, my mom discovered a large hump on my upper right back. She, of course took me to the family doctor where they did x rays. They told us that I had scoliosis, and that I had a "backwards S" for a spine. We of course had no clue as to what scoliosis was. I was so scared. They then referred us to and orthopedic doctor and from there I had to start wearing a back brace. I wore a brace till the age of 15. I had my first back surgery at the age of 15, and that is when they put a Harrington rod in, and did a spinal fusion of my thoracic spine. At the age of 17 I had the rod removed. In two years time I had complained ALOT about having a pinching pain in the upper left side of my back, so they thought it best to remove the rod. At age 18 I married and from there I had my 4 wonderful children, all two years apart. After I had my last child I began to have severe lumbar pain on the left side, and had great difficulty carrying my little girl on my left hip. I would hurt so badly it actually felt like my back was broken in the middle. In 2004 I finally decided to go to a spinal surgeon and she suggested that I have another surgery to fuse my thoracic spine. I had surgery August 20th 2004. When the surgery was over the Dr. said she was amazed that I was still walking before the surgery because when she cut into my soft tissues around my spine, my middle spine was loose and very unstable. I did recover from the surgery, but I am starting to have alot of pain again in my lumbar region. Only seven months(March 4) after my last back surgery, I was in a car accident. I was rear-ended, very hard! Ever since then my neck has never been the same, and I am starting to have other problems as well with painful joints, and lots of migraines. I will write more about those later. For now I just mostly wanted to give my background. I am so thankful to have found this web site to be able to share with others who have experienced life similar to mine. Thank You! :)
advertisement

Comments

advertisement