Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

In Pain Again! Help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:?
I had a L5- S1 Fusion /laminectomy 4/17/07. I was back to work FT after 3 months, have been doing all the laundry, shopping, housework ect. I know too much than I should! Well now my back is really hurting again like before. And now my R hip hurts and my R leg! Do u think I could of done something or is this normal?

TaraW
advertisement

Comments

• Hi TaraW,

The best thing to do would be consult with your doc.

How long have you been in pain this time? Is it acute or is it a bothersome ache? Have you stopped doing these activities and rested for a bit to allow the acute phase to pass?

How have you been treating this since it began?

"C"
  • I have been in this pain for almost 3 weeks now. It is really bothersome rather than a lil ache that was managable with my meds. I also have had no leg pain since my surgery so this frightens me most. I have been doing the ice pack again, but no I guess I haven't really been resting. I work FT as a Unit Secretary at a hospital so I am sitting alot, mabye this is part of the problem. Now my Neurosurgen dismissed me from his care and I am being followed by Pain Mgmnt for the DDD & Facet Syndrom and any post OP Pain. So should I talk to them first or call my Neurosurgon directly.

Thanks for your help!

TaraW
  • This could be an aggrevation of the existing area or the neighboring vertebrae -- not uncommon.

ONLY tour doc can advise on this one

Best Wishes, and sorry to hear this.........
  • :jawdrop:

I will call him on Monday.

Thx!
  • Good luck, hopefully a little rest is all you need.

Best Wishes,

Christina :)
advertisement