Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Goin back to school ?

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,376
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Depression and Coping
Here we are,some brave souls who want to try and make a go at normal life,Well why not,why not try? we have it in us to overcome,we have a drive to go beyond our limitations,those that dont know,may never will,Those who do? let them take heart and try,what do you say?
Who else is out there willing to brave the gauntlet?
Willing to go beyond themselves?
to exceed them selves as a champion would?
Just trying makes you a champion in my eyes,it doesnt matter what,its the act that is beautiful,the act of courage under fire.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ranchhand,
    In our residential PM all the patients exceeded what they initially though was the limit of restriction with the correct support and guidance, good pacing enabled priority to be given to the most important tasks, this necessitated some acclimatisation to our new ability and letting go of some less importance tasks as a consequence. It was poignant to see many achieve realistic goals that time had eradicated the notion that they could even be attempted let alone achieved.

This is a new life of constraints, I have dome many varied and diverse things and adapted to new opportunities not ever on the radar of my healthy persona, I have some peace and tentative acceptance the new opportunities have displaced the importance I placed on previous objectives now not physically possible, I have given up many things, activities who made who I am, these have been transposed to others.

Not many are measured by unseen restrictions they may have the benefit of keeping these foibles to themselves, every day we achieve in spite of our limitations, we can on occasion make it look so easy and effortless while the game face hides the frenzied activity to present this calmness, every illness has its own summit to climb and variants of limitations.

We see those attempts, the unseen measure of trying, pain makes you try harder to prove yourself to yourself and no other reason, we have always had that and it is a special gift. School for us will last a lifetime and we will never stop learning and teaching, that embracing caring that defines our humanity, a knowing smile or kind word, testimony here gives example of courageous endeavour and what can be achieved we challenge ourselves every day and continue to win with a smile and compassion for our fellow traveller.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

• Ok well whatever I write here will fail to be even nearly as eloquently put as either of your posts...but yes, I am back in school. I, after years of meandering through various majors, achieved an Associate's Degree in Nursing, and am currently an RN. I started my online pursuit of my BSN last Spring, took the Summer off, and am anxiously awaiting the Fall...Bring it on!!! :P
  • I have to have a goal to shoot for and it keeps me focused on the prize. Froggyrn1 go forth and conquer the world at your hands reach! ive shifted prioritys to focus on a "new" line of work,its hard to hide the pain, but my friends know and love me and help me with a little boot to the hiney every now and then when i wanted to lag,but there is the work, with which ive had to keep a focus/locus for my energy's.
    with no goal, life is pretty much worthless to me, there has to be something to make the day worth the effort.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health