Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WEEK 30 yipeeeeeeeeee

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
at long last the scales are moving the right way,lost 3 pounds this week yipee.Hope you al had a good result i think we all deserve to.
sorry im abit late 2day,had a little 2 much red wine and im feeling the effects off it,this time i really mean never again atleast when its red wine
advertisement

Comments

• I lost 3 pounds this week as well. YAY ME! Let's hope it continues to drop instead of bouncing back up.
    Congrats benji on your three pounds as well...YAY you!
    Okay so now were waiting for everyone else ;) :)
  • Way to go you 2 - not sure I can follow that, so I wont bother .......... byeeeeeeee
  • Only joking!

Well done the pair of you - I knew the last couple of weeks was just your bodies holding out on you (like a fella would girls) and that it was just a matter of time before all your hard work paid off. Just remember this the next time you don't think the weight loss is as it should be.

Well, I can't match that, I've lost a single solitary pound this week. I'm down to 11 5 - this is back to the lowest I have been for several years. I managed to get here about a month ago and have been going up and down since. This time I'm determined that it's all down. I'm going for a 2 lb loss this week.

This time next week I'm looking to see 11 stone 3 on those scales (you will hear the screams across the water if I do it), that's 157 lbs in American money.

Hope everyone else has had a good week too.

Toodle pip for now
    x
  • well done u 2,doof ur still lighter than me lol,hope to keep this going now
  • Benji and Christina - I lost 3 lbs too - no joke! We all seem to be dieting on the same astral plane.

doof - 1lb. lost is better than 1lb. gained - still the right direction which is reason to celebrate :)
  • :) WOW! we are a group of strong women and we did it! i am 2 pounds down from 150. i am as happy as a bug in a rug! for those who have stayed the same or gained let's hear from you as well. we have ALL had those weeks as well! For those who put in the effort, and i saw effort all week, it really helped me. and i know that all the effort in the world can sometimes still mean a gain. thanks all! let's keep it in gear and aim for that loss again. what should we make it this week? Jenny
  • Good job all of us! Let's see...for next week should we attempt a two pound loss or should we keep it to a pound? Maybe 2 pounds is pushing it. Let's hear what you gals think :)

Christina :)
  • Let's stick with one to two pound loss again and see what happens. Think we'll get lucky again this week?

• i think one pound is good for this week. we need some stability like aimless suggested. i am continuing with my food dairy and starting a few core training exercises daily. for me i would like to check in each day and maybe we can have a discussion this week like last week. anyone have a subject pertaining to weight loss we could talk about? i have a few ideas but it is open to anyone with any as well. Jenny :)
  • But I think I'm going to keep the expectations low for myself (especially since I have PMS - sorry if that's TMI!) and I will set a goal of 1lb. this week. What I really need to do is be consistent in terms of how much I eat and move around, moderation for both.

Lulu - woohoo! Way to go girl!
  • I always like hearing about what keeps people
    -- distracted and
    -- motivated
    in terms of their relationship to food and dieting.

Unless we want to really distract ourselves and go off topic, discuss the upcoming Olympics, US presidential race, Paris Hilton's latest haircut, my dog's allergy to chicken. Really I'm open to anything, I'm so tired of thinking about my health.

Jenny, would love to hear your ideas! I am confident they are more brilliant than mine.
    --Melissa
  • :) Melissa, i really got alot out of the discussion last week on when and why we eat. it seemed to give alot of people thought and opened my eyes to just what i can do to change some of those bad eating habits. it would be great to go off topic but i am afraid i need the discussions as part of my weight loss program so the Olympics are probably out! such things as being overweight and how does that affect our woman selves, our sexuality, our femininity. what really sets off an eating binge that puts unnecessary calories on? what are we setting up our days to be? does your weight loss plan cover you from morning to night? there is a host of issues and there can be a time of fun thrown in there as well. we do need to keep up on the USA in Beijing. as far politics, none of you would probably ever speak to me again so that is not good for me. lol! let's talk some more and have some more input! Jenny :)
  • Totally agree with both of you, which is what made me think of asking what keeps us distracted (from snacking or mindless eating) and what keeps us motivated (to stick to a routine, stay disciplined, focused, why are we making the effort, etc).

Please forgive me, politics, olympics, straying off topic = sarcasm, I was feeling rather punchy this morning!

One meal at a time. Got through dinner and not even craving dessert. I was also very well behaved at the grocery store today. :)
    --Melissa
  • I can not tell a lie. I have put zero effort in the last couple of weeks and I have gained another 1/2 lb. I am going to come here every day this week and do my very best to get back on track. Congrats to all this week you did great.
  • :) painintheback, knowing what you are not doing right makes you a step ahead of the game. you had the courage to admit your mistakes and your weight gain. i am proud of you for that! join in this week and be serious with us! lol! we manage a laugh or two here or there. see you on the board! Jenny :)
  • how have you all got on today,i spend the day trying to get a book for my daughter,so will have to make up by walking abit more.I think the weight loss yesterday has motivated me to try to keep it going.I think vic would be proud of us
  • I've just been so bad, not even bothering watching what I eat. Did not want to weigh myself. Don't want to know. But I am here and will try to stop in every day and keep some sort of momentum and share and hopefully something good will rub off you all. Started the food journal again today.
    Teri
  • :) ranchoalmosta, you have taken a big first step in getting back to your program. i food journal too and it is helping me lots. sometimes i just aimlessly put food into my mouth. my husband is very thin and can eat all the time and not gain a pound. he likes me to eat with him but that is really taking in too many calories. i see that now that i am writing it down. check in and if you start slow that is ok too. we like having you around! Jenny
  • does anyone else food journal? what does your day look like with diet and exercise? how does that fit with your pain and having time for you in a day? are you eating 3 times or 5 and 6? do you exercise right after eating or in the morning? just what is your daily plan? can we even have one being pain patients? anyone want to tackle a few of these issues? we discovered a few things that cause us to over eat and what changes we could make to correct them last week. let's look at what makes up our day this week. Jenny :)
  • Your daughter have you out looking for "Breaking Dawn" as well? lol
    Today I've been feeling kind of icky however I did manage to get my butt in gear and on the treadmill doing a mile and a half. I've been taking sleeping pills to help me sleep and they make me feel yucky for the most part of the following day.
    I'm still watching what I eat and cutting back on the amount I eat.
    Ranchoalmosta, even if you just come and watch maybe that will motivate you to try even harder for yourself. Everyone starts somewhere :)
    Painintheback, we all have poopy weeks, you just hit one of them. Let's see if this week turns out better for you.

Having to check in here with you guys has really been motivational for me. This time, I really want to succeed in getting this weight off and keeping it off.
    Thanks for your help :)

Christina
  • Hi Jenny - I do like the food journal concept, though I've never been good about sticking with it. It *does* keep me from the emotional eating by making me accountable, I think part of why I can't stick with it is the same reason I can't keep track of all of my expenses, lists of things I need to get done etc. I tell myself I'll write it down and I get sidetracked. I lack the discipline. Yet when I make my mind up to do something, it gets done. Disparity between motivation and discipline.

Has anyone else been able to keep a food journal for some period of time? Has it helped?
  • keeping a food journal in the past but just like you I lack the discipline to keep writing in it. Either that or I slide off my diet and think if I dont write it in, it doesnt count. Sad huh? }:)

• That's honest. If you already feel guilty about "cheating" on a diet, you probably don't want to see it in black & white, reinforcing the icky feeling, right?
  • enemy is the pain meds. They make me so sleepy and tired all of the time. It is hard to even think about dieting when you feel exhausted and like a zombie all of the time.
  • But do you think about food outside of the context of dieting (i.e. I need to eat because I am hungry) or do you think about it out of emotion (i.e. I feel like a zombie so I should have some ice cream)?
  • :) i think being drowsy is one reason my appetite doesn't pick up till mid afternoon. i start to eat then and either can't make the calories or can't sleep and eat the calories. i am drowsy most of 24 hours a day. but sleep is another thing. increased pain means i can't even sit up and eat! i could care less about eating during a flare up! i really like the food journal and can't lose without it. Jenny :)
  • yep christina thats the very book lol,she has it read in 1 day,did u know there s a group called the twilight mums who have all read these books and set up a club,so my daughter tells me lol,might give it a bash myself.
    I think the food jornal helps for sure but as with some of you im not always great about filling it in.My dangerous time is when i ve got PMS i just have to have chocolate,but you know, i ve realised that if i do have a bar its not going to kill me i just have to make sure its one bar and then stop there
    Teri the main thing is you still here,put the past behind you and start from now i have every faith in you

I have my meeting at work today at 2 pm and im dreading it,i really hope they can find me a new position,il let you all know how it goes
  • :) 6 here in California. getting up for a early morning walk. no food yet though. was up all night and no appetite. have a doctor's apt today so my pain levels may go up as well. oh my, there is no plan today but i do hope to get in 2 more walks and record in my diary today when i do eat. my thoughts are with benji today. Jenny :)
  • Do keep us posted, hope everything falls into place :)
  • thanks aimless and jenny,just back from my meeting and have to say they were very nice ,they think that i may be suitable for a clerical job i have to sit a test and if i pass it should al be very straight forward,im really sad at the thought of this maybe being the end of my nursing career,but atleast il still have a job and that there will be no heavy lifting
    Hope you go ok at the docs jenny,i haven t as yet got out walking but plan to go after dinner
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.