Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Marijuana Strain For Fibromyalgia?

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 3 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this blueberry
I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,248
    Hello rhea 22 !
    Gentle reminder ...there are no medical professionals on discussion forums.
    Members may speak to what has helped them, but for Doctor ordering it, he should be able to best explain.

I do know that it does come in pill, as my friend with MS uses it at times.
    Search may be helpful to you, as there are many discussions re marijuana ...upper right on page.
    You may be led to current or older discussions. You may be led to medical side.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

Please click on link for helpful information!

Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• ArizonaAArizona ArizonaPosts: 68
    Rhea - I was on the Alternative Treatment board here and searching for info on CBD ointments for pain relief and while hunting around the internet I came across some giant marijuana forums and one section of a forum I saw was devoted to the subject of your thread, mar strains for pain relief.  I'm not allowed to post links on here but if you search like I did you'll come upon it too.  So far, though, I don't know about a good cbd ointment.  I have been experimenting with CBD oil vaping, though, as you'll see if you go the above named board.  I do use other ointments, especially a mixture of lidocaine ointment and DMSO.  That helps some.
  • advertisement
  • I have never tried it
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,730
    There is a synthetic marijuana pill, most THC.  Its available via prescription at pharmacies - called  Marinol

It was first introduced in 1986 as a anti-nauseate for chemotherapy patients.  By 1993 it was approved for nausea and appetite loss for AIDS sufferers.  It is FDA approved.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement