Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Chevy Truck gone

AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 46
Sold my super clean 2014 Chevy Truck today, practically gave it away (way below KBB).  Finally decided since I have not been driving it since my injury.  Like I posted on my ad; my loss, your prize!  At least the new owner was so thrilled with their almost new truck and now I will be having a yard sale to sell all of my gardening tools, machine tools, golf clubs, bikes, etc...  
Akira/Chuck
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,623
    Akira,  my apologies...
    What is your current spinal condition that is having you sell of some of your valuables!!!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,211
    edited 03/16/2017 - 5:56 PM
    That's sadly life , ones loss is another's gain so many times.  There is a someomes fiancé out there they would not have without me having health issues.  There are some great jobs I've had to leave and someone got lucky my health issues forced me to leave and they got hired.  I just hope they had a family and needed it more than I did, only way not to cry haha.
    This beautiful and terrible life that exists sure is crazy.

Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Akira
    Sorry to hear you had to do that it hurts that is for sure all the things you worked so hard to get.
    I decided to give away and sell tons of things I had like all my thousands of dollars worth of crafting items plus nice clothes, shoes, material, aged wood, patterns, Indian jewelry and pottery on and on. I had a dream to open a shop in this little town that would of made a lot of money.
    The cloeths were ones I wore like expensive jeans, leather /Levi jackets, boots, fishing gear too painful to wear tight clothes and fly fishing is out right now. It took a lot of energy and going without let alone the money to collect and make a lot of it but what can we do.
    I am not saying I know what you are going through I just wanted you to know I care.
    That is not an easy thing to do please take care of yourself and come here if you need to talk.
    My prayers are with you
    Sherri
  • AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 46
    So many of you get it more than I can come close to understanding.  My suffering is minimal compared to so many of you, but mine is only mine and I need to start owning it.  In the past, I would usually donate the equipment in the garage, but now losing my job, cost of insurance, co-pays, medical costs, monthly meds, and just daily life I need every dollar.
    Akira/Chuck
  • Anita
    Suffering is suffering and minimising yours to others doesn't mean your hurting less
    I had to sell every thing when I got retired and ran out of stuff.

Things I won't or can't sell are,my photo gear and stuff my dad gave me.

Sorry to hear about this but hope it will turn in time to a situation where G.A.S.
    (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) can happen again.
    Hang in there, your not alone,with this world wide family on your side.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
    edited 03/17/2017 - 9:41 AM
    I don't think it's the loss of "stuff" but this is a turning point for a realization of a lost way of life.  Those things are material but it's what you did with them that was the important thing. I went through it also, even to level I threw all my old sports awards away and letterman.  Do I regret it, not really, it was a reminder of a life that I don't really know anymore, but missed insanely when reminded of how good it was. It was a small bit of closure for me.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,623
    Aaron,
    And I did the complete opposite.  All my varsity letters for Football and Baseball, along with the Trophies, I have kept.   But they are way up in my attic and I havent looked at them in over 20 years.

Then with other things, I kept a pair of ice skates, a hockey stick, my baseball glove along with softball bat, many of the things I used to do.
    But slowly I have been throwing those things out.  They are not part of my life anymore.   Aaron, like you, I miss it unbelievable when people, times, etc remind me of those Glory Days.

But Aaron, I am 66 and have already done most of what I think I should have done and could have done.   I am satisfied (to an extent)..
    You , on the other hand are young. you shouldnt have to go through the dark times and the I wish I could have....     I would say overall, you have had the best temperament to deal with this.     

It is important at times for people to reminded of what they used to do.  The only thing they need to do is separate what is logical and what is not..... For instance, at 66, I doubt if I could play football any more or bat with pitchers throwing 90+ miles an hour.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,348
    Akria, please don't minimize your pain. Pain is pain and we all deal with it in our own ways.
    I sold my Harley but kept my panhead replica my husband built for me. I will never ride it because of the risk, I can't afford to fall. But I look at it, sit on it and it brings a smile remembering all of the trips we took.
    You are right Ron, no one young should have to go through this. We shouldn't either but at least we, the older ones here, can say we did, we went, we explored, we lived life to the fullest.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
    edited 03/17/2017 - 11:14 AM
    I definitely am not suggesting it for others, but for me at the time it felt right, I do wish I would have just gave them to my mom.  That way they are not gone, but not accessible easily.  I have tried to put it into perspective since I was 24 and first injury, but the dramatic transition from healthy to in chronic pain has left a void I guess.  I have had success with that perspective at times, but when I have something else happen to take something I love it really gets me down, I don't have many of those things left.
    I haven't needed the glory days for a long time, I just want average days now.  

I do have my memories, even though my hardware/reminders are gone, and they are beautiful to reflect on at times.  I will always have those, but I have to prepare that I might get down after and that is ok, because I am prepared in that case.  It was a wonderful time in my life and a life long love affair with sports began.  I enjoy being nostalgic on my own terms sometimes.
advertisement