Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Small fiber Neuropathy.

I have had issues for years.  Told I have POTS from Dr. Grub, the doc who coined the term.  I work with him at UTMC in Toledo Ohio.  My heart rate would increase after lunch to 130.  Told him my issues as a child and the inability to stand the hot sun, as if I could not sweat.  I did have a sledding accident in my teenage years during the blizzard of 78.  I lost consciousness and was paralyzed for a few minutes.  Never told anyone and it took a good year to be able to walk or sit without pain.  About 10 years ago I had a numb toe and my feet began to drop as I walked and my muscles are so tight.  Feet then began to feel like I was walking on to is. My whole spine is a mess.  Pain meds work for a short period of time.  I just co time to worsen.  Is there anything that will help the pain?
advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,212
    edited 03/20/2017 - 9:34 PM
    I am so sorry to hear about POTS and SFN diagnosis.  They are very common together.
    I am currently in Minnesota at a teaching hospital to have testing done one mine.
    It is certainly a bad hand, and one that there really isn't a large group of doctors versed in it and even less treatment options

Tramatic brain or spine injuries they now know can damage the autonomic system.

What is your current regimine for treatment ?  What testing have you had some?  I know this Dr from papers but even he needs testing to verify SFN amd POTS?

There are several types of Dysautonomia and POTS is usiually used for people that have issues when standing from seated position , the body doesn't work right pumping blood so the defense mechanism is to pass out to return to a lying position , of course that's a severe case.

Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.