Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member but a long time reader of message board.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone. My name is Cheryl from North Carolina. I have been on the website since 2005 but never sign up to become a member. The message board has been such a blessing to me, I haved learned a lot about what to expect when I had surgeries, and got uplifted by the support given to each other in times of need. I hurt my back by cleaning my oven. I was all twisted around scrubbing the oven getting ready for Thanksgiving in 2005. I was holding my son later in the night and had such bad, sharp pain that I knew I was in trouble. I had my first surgery Jan 2006. I feel like I owe you the right to get to know me a little and thank you for what this website has done for me. I look forward to get to know everyone. If I was to offer any advice it would be. BUY A SELF CLEANING OVEN IT'S WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY.

Thanks so much,

• How amazing it is that it only takes one wrong move to injure your spine and require surgery. I am glad that you found this site pre op and I am sure that it helped you alot. I was not so lucky. I found it post op and still am glad of it. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • :) hi and welcome to the new forum! we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am glad you are on the road to recovery. even with recovery comes chronic pain. pleae keep us informed as you progress. good luck! Jenny :)
  • I hope you recovery is going good as expected. How long ago did you have surgery? Do you have to have more or did your last surgery fix it? When I had the microdiskectomy in jan 2006, they told me right away I would have to have more to replace the disc or have a spinal fusion. to much of the disc had broken away. I look forward to get to know you.
    Good luck and speedy recovery.

• Thank you very muck for the lovely welcome. I really am amazed so many people that I meet have had back trouble or know someone that does. I am greatful to have found someone to tslk to online and be able to ask questions when thing come up. I have nerve damage too, Does your muscles all of a sudden jump all over you body and you didn't do it, sometimes my leg will kick too. It's the weirdest thing when that happens.