Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Prolia side effects

I have fibromyalgia and have noticed worsening if muscle bone and joint pain since getting 2 shots of Prolia. I try exercising but wind up in extreme pain from just 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. The pain is so bad it does not allow me to sleep at night. 
With fogto I was always sore afterwards but not to this degree! 
I am due for an injection in April and reconsidering doing it. 
Anyone else experience worsening of fibromyalgia pain?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,248
    edited 04/02/2017 - 11:15 PM
    Hello!
    I was wondering what your doctor had to say about your symptoms after the injections?
    And also wondering if you told doctor about pain and limitations with elliptical machine?
    They may be helpful with doctor treating you and/or diagnosing you.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,790
    From what I read Prolia is used to treat osteoporosis. Is the mainly what the injections are for?
    I agree with Sue, your doctor needs to be informed of any changes of your pain.
    I also have Fibro, was diagnosed over 20 years ago. It is not easy to deal with.
    Please keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Yes I'm taking Prolia for osteoporosis. I haven't discussed with the dr yet. I am
    due for an injection anout now and will
    need to call him to discuss. I have been dealing with Painful RFA so I had to put this discussion on the back burner. 
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,790
    Hi mela14

I'm sorry your RFA has been that painful. But I'm glad you are back on the forum.

If you go to the top right hand corner of this page in the search engine and type RFA, there are some good articles on this subject. There are also older discussions from members, one in particular that kept a diary.

That is something I have always done before an upcoming doctor's appointment, keep a daily journal of my life and the pain. This way the doctor has a better understanding of what you are going through.

Good Luck and take care. Please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I am on my mobile and not able to find the search bar in upper right hand corner. 
  • advertisement
advertisement