Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I am new here on this board I have had ddd in my L-3,L-4,L-5,and stenosis in my S-1. I have just recently found out that I now have bone spurs and severe arthritis in these areas. I have had ddd and stenosis for 12 yrs now and it definitely is getting worse and the pain has been much more frequent then the norm few times a yr.

I have been on all sorts of pain meds,have had the CT scan,MRI,Myelograms,EMG I have even been hospitalized after I had a Epi and the next day had no feeling in my left leg in result I had the myelogram and after I started to get really severe headaches that were running up my spine in result I had a CT and it revealed I was leaking spinal fluid I had to have a blood patch in order for them close up the spinal fluid leak and that was not fun at all. To this day I will not let a needle come anywhere my spine

I am in severe pain at the moment as Saturday I did a big no no and have caused my pain in my back it has made its way into both my hips and slowly making its way down my legs I can not even lay down as I norm lay on my side but I cant do that due to the weight that is being put on.
I can not even stand straight up let alone walk so it has been fun traveling to the rest room, sitting down I m barely making it.

I am hoping that I can get an emergency visit with my primary in the morning if not I will be going to the ER which I really don't want to do but most likely it will come down to going to the ER though as the norm recep hasn't been in I am hoping she is in tomorrow though as I do not like dealing with the covering recep as she has a major attitude problem

• hi,if you can wait till tomorrow,then call your doctor,if you pain gets to severe then go to th er,welcome to spine-health....i
  • thanks bigcat

I am hoping that doc can do something I still have to phone him I didn't get much zzzz last night result of the pain every way I turned or move I felt it and it was like it was saying hello I am here and I didn't go away
  • Please call your doc and see what he wants you to do. Sorry that you are in such horrible pain, but the key is you! You have control over whether or not you call your doc or go to ER or stay home. Please do what is best for you.

Welcome to Spine Health. Once things settle down a bit, please come back and let us know that you are doing okay!

• thanks for the welcome~yeah I have been going through too much I just got in from the ER I have lumbar muscle strain My mistake was pushing a 120 lbs aquarium with water only 2 feet away from where it was yes yes I know very stupid and very dangerous they gave me vicodin until I see my doctor on Wednesday morning as I tried to see him today but I could not so I said to myself I am not going to suffer until then I normally have a high tolerance for pain but not this time I literally haven't been to the ER for my back in like 2 years

they were asking me about surgery etc if my doc gave me that option before and stuff

I don't remember if the doc that did the Epi had went by the xray or not as it was many moons ago
  • I'm glad to hear that you are okay and got some help! Now it will be easier for you to wait until your appt on Wednesday.

• pain has gotten much worse is now down my leg completely I can literally feel the nerves in my legs twitching my leg is starting its on and off numbness and weakness pain meds are not working. Have my dr's appointment at 10:30 today hopefully I will get straightened out :SS
  • well I went to the docs come to find out I have a herniated disc I have to go back to the er and have a Mri
    oh boy first time for this :''(
  • I am glad to discover this forum.... I am being scheduled for a myelogram soon, pain and trouble walking being the reason. I have had a spine fusion L2toL3toL4 and a laminectomy for my spinal stenosis in Dec 05, my hip was replaced in 2000 and works great. As I read here many experience this pain and frustration. If they find a problem with narrowing below or above the spine fusion hardware can they find it and then postpone the surgery for several months until I prepare financially? I have coverage but I workl part time and am on disability also, I cannot live on disability alone. I guess my question is does this procedure have risks that need to be dealt with immediately? Can it be just a diagnostic tool for later? Thanks for the help.. :?