Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

New around here!

Hi everyone,

I have been on this site a lot and decided to make an account! First off, thank you so much to anyone who took time to talk about how they dealt with pain management. I am a 25 year old disabled veteran and some of those methods helped me a lot. 

I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back and I am awaiting surgery for them soon. I forget the name of the surgery but I remember it's nothing that major and uses a laser or something along those lines. 

Again thank you so much for the people who took the time to share pain management strategies! 

Go Pack Go
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,248
    Hello jcroop!
    It is so good to hear that you have benefited from our members sharing experiences! And all the information on the medical side!

You may be interested in reading****Recovery the Most Important Phase*****  can find with search, upper right in page.
    You may also be I terested in ***Surgery Buddies*** and include month and year in search.
    Many find much support and encouragement while recuperating together!

It sounds like you have quite a positive attitude going into surgery...and that's so important!
    If you ever have any concerns,  again search is very helpful!
    And main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Please click on links for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,790
    Hello jcroop

First of all, thank you for your service to this country. What branch of the service were you in? We fly our flags proud, American and Marine. My husband's 2 brothers were Marines.

As Sue stated, please join the surgery buddies for the month you are having surgery. You will get a lot of advice and support from others having surgery. Do you know at what levels the surgery will be?

Hope to hear from you soon, keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • I was in the army! And I just received word on my surgery and locations, I will be making a post about it because I want some feed back and ideas. I no longer can play college hockey because I will need (correct me if wrong) my S1-L5 and L5-L4 fused, I also have my MRI on my computer and saved them as a photo file that I will show. 
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,790
    jcroop

It doesn't matter what branch of service you were in, we are still very thankful.
    Like i said earlier, post your story in surgery buddies in the month you are having surgery.
    There, you will probably get more feedback and ideas.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement