Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still have the Pressure

Christina69CChristina69 Posts: 534
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I still have the pressure in my back where my fusion was at L5-S1. Does anyone else have this problem? I used to have it once in awhile but now it seems that everytime I have my brace off I can feel it and it especially makes itself known when I move my left leg. I'm really beginning to think its the instrumentation I'm feeling pushing against the muscle above it. It doesnt hurt but it just grosses me out completely :sick:

Christina >:D<

• Have you asked the Dr.? I would be interested in what s/he says.

I totally agree on the gross-out thing though!!

I had pins, a 4" plate and 8 screws in my ankle for over a year (that bad ankle break I had in 1990) and I could FEEL the screw heads along the scar - that and the end of the plate bent out over the curve of the ankle bone and I would constantly hit it against the top of my shoe - talk about a painful shocker! Yeowww!

The pins kept working themselves out, so they were taken out fairly soon. The shocker pains kept a-comin' so I got all the other hardware out about a year or more post op.

I was very relieved. Not just to have the shocking pains cease, but to not have to feel the screw heads everytime I rubbed down my leg.

Now, my back hardware - I think I want that stuff IN, I'm determined to not go back into surgery and I will bear with some gross-out factor to not have to redo the surgical stuff again!
  • I never had to wear a brace. Its possible its is from that.
    Just guessing.
    I agree call the dr. You still are early out in recovery.
    Things back there are trying to heal, get back into normal shape, nerves healing etc.
    Braces work for some others well not so great.
    My dr disagrees with them as you are not using those muscles when walking and such. and once they give you some stretches to do.
    But like I said I am guessing.
    I had issues with my leg to after surgery with the muscles trying to get back to normal.
    The hardware is going to feel weird for awhile Its something strange to your body hun.

Call its worth a shot.
    Feel better soon and let us know what the doc says
    >:D< ;)

• Remember you put pressure on your spine whenever you sit or standing up. Maybe that's possible but I never had that when I wore my brace. I wore it for 9 weeks, I just stopped wearing it 3 days ago under my NS's advice.

Hvae you been stretching? Believe stretching helps a lot.