Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just wondering

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wondering if anybody on here has every stepped of a little ledge and felt their back jar. I did this yesterday and it was only a few inches but it still hurts like a SOB. I am also starting to feel the same old tingling going down my left leg again like it was before surgery. I had a L5/S1 dynamic stabalazation with fusion preformed a little over 7 weeks ago. Any help and or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Yes, I did that a couple of times. One time I really thought I had blown it. The tingling may be caused by some inflammation around the surgery area (just guessing here as that was what happened to me) in which case things should settle down in a couple of days but if not call your doctor.
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Thanks for the info Bruce. Since this is my first and hopefully only back surgery it just has me kinda worried. But once again thanks for the reply.

• do you mean like a clunk clunk in your lower back,i havent had surgery, most my issues are in my neck, but my lower back can sum times hurt worse then my neck, when my lower back goes clunk clunk, its like things just feel into the right place, and some of the pain goes away,
  • Patsy,

It wasn't so much a clunk clunk but a painful jar like when you jam your finger or stub your toe. and the pain has not gone away the pins and needles feeling has intentisfied. I'm gonna give it a day or two and see what happens before i go to the doc.

• oh yeah hank, your talking to ms. clutz here. :/ #o
    i ran into so many things after surgery.
    would bend without realizing it, i fell you name it.
    no damage was done. just sore.
    its pretty tuff to screw up what they did back there.
    if it does not ease up give the doc a call and see what their recomendations are. they may just want a xray done.

i still sometimes get those electric shocks up my back without warning. must be part of being a spiney

feel better soon!!! >:D<
  • Hank -

My husband did the same thing just befre his 6 week x-rays so we had a chance to talk to the OS about it. He told us that when you step down hard all of the back muscles tighten up. Since they are still healing...you are probably experiencing the extra pain of the muscles forcefully contracting. I seem to remember that Chris hurt for days. But, Chris stepped off the edge of the road while we were on vacation a few weeks ago (3.5 months post op) and although the initial pain was just as bad, he was feeling pretty good by the next day. So, I'd say it just takes time for all of the muscle healing to take place.

Best wishes, Terri

• Hey Hank,
    almost 8 months post op MicroD ledges are still killing me. Even an inch height is enough.Whenever I and the wife are walking outside,she is warning me all the time "There is a ledge ahead of you.Watch out!" :))
    But it gets better with time.Hope your recovery is going well, and watch out for the ledges!