Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 week post op appointment today

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well y'all here in just a bit I get to go for my 2 week post op appointment. I am kind of nervous and I really dont know why. Weird huh? I know I have something I need to discuss with my surgeon especially me not sleeping(heck I asked my husband at 3 or 4 something this morning if there was anything good on tv) and why all of a sudden did my headaches come back.(I mean I didnt have one single migraine for a week after my surgery and then bam they started up again.) Anyways I will post whatever he has to say when I get back. Y'all have a good and pain free day!!! >:D<

• I still have to wear this awful collar. :( . I have to go back to my surgeon in 6 weeks. I am scheduled for XRAYS on 9-17-08, and then I have an appointment with my surgeon on the same day. I did tell him about my headaches and other pains. He wants to see why the XRAYS show before he delves off into what could be causing the headaches. Still my activities are restricted and no driving, or working. I get to fight with our insurance company now to see how many physiotherapy sessions they will pay for. So, I get to do about 6 weeks of therapy(if not longer) to work on my neck, range of motion, and strength. He also told me I am having a problem with my ulna nerve(he also said it may be neuropathy) in my right arm that is eventually going to have to be dealt with and he said more than likely that will require surgery too. (My luck just keeps getting better and better doesnt it?) Anyways thats what I know for now.
  • Glad you had your 2 week follow up. I don't go to my DO until 9/4 for my first follow up. First day back to work will be 9/5. I'm about ready to go stir crazy. ~X( My daily walks are still fun but not in the blazing morning heat here in ATL. I've been getting up at 6:30 to get out there before the temperature gets too hot.

I know how the collar thing goes. I'm supposed to wear mine for another 3 weeks. Looks like I might have to buy a new recliner after this whole thing too. LOL.

• I know what you mean about the blazing heat believe me. For about 2 weeks straight here in Texas we had 100+ degree days so if I didnt get out and walk early in the morning my walks consisted of walking in the back yard with my puppies. Yep I am going stir crazy myself. Heck today when I got in my car(even though I wasnt driving :( ) I felt like a little kid going on a school field trip. How is your recovery going? Are you gonna be ready to go back to work on 9/5? Oh and I saw your other post about still having the throat issue, well my friend I am too.(Heck I gag on english peas.) I cant finish any meal no matter what it is unless I have atleast 2-3 glasses of ice tea.
  • Glad to hear you had your follow-up appointment with your doctor, Terri, and hopefully you'll be able to get some answers on your headaches. My headaches, fortunately, have all but gone away. They were just about a daily thing until the surgery and now they just crop up occasionally.

You know I go for my 8 wk appt next week and I'm wondering if I'll have any PT at all. My doc never mentioned a thing about it. I'm usually very active and work out like crazy and since all this hit me beginning in January, my activity level has really gone downhill. I'm registered to run a marathon in SA in November. Ha, ha, ha. Guess who is going to TRY to walk it??? Yep. I figured since I obviously won't be running any time this year (per the doctor), I'll not let my registration fees go to waste and go ahead and walk it. At least do the half.

I've also just developed a nasty little problem as of about 3 weeks ago with my right thumb. I found it on the internet... (of course)... trigger thumb. Have you heard of that or had any problems with arthritis in your hands? I'll be talking to my doc about that too.

Feels like I'm falling apart sometimes! I don't feel that old, not yet at least!

Keep us posted on your progress.

• I have heard of trigger thumb, but thats all I know. No I havent had any arthritis issues yet in my hands. I know what you mean about falling apart. Good luck with themarathon by the way. Speaking of SA I told my husband we need to go back down there cuz I am ready for some salsa from Casa Rio and one of their margaritas.( I think we all need a margarita after all of this stuff we are all going through :) ) I did get ahold of my insurance company this morning and FINALLY found an in network physical therapist. They will pay 100% of the therapy sessions after I have met a $150 deductible.I think I have met that already. They will pay for 30 sessions per calendar year.
    As for the headaches my doctor said they were probably from the collar pressing on that part of my spine, but when I reminded him that he said to only wear the collar when I am out and about, in the car, or sleeping he kinda cocked his eye brow and said lets wait 6 weeks and see what the xrays show. So who knows I sure dont anymore.
  • Terri what is the problem with the ulna nerve? My NS told me my pain in my little fingers and elbow were probably from nerve in elbow thought maybe that is the same thing! Everything I have is on my left side and too feel like I am falling apart. I had tendon mass in my left ankle, torn ligament in my left knee and all my neuro symptoms have been on my left side !!
  • That my surgeon hit the ulna nervice in my elbow and I immediately felt the tingling and numbness in my right pink finger, so I really dont know what he will do about that. I guess he is gonna wait to see what all the xrays show before he says what he wants to do. He did say that sometimes he does have to do surgery to correct the issue. I'll keep you posted trust me cuz I am kinda concerned becuase I really dont wanna go back under the knife unless I absolutely have to. I mean I have began to drop things again just like I did prior to surgery. (Literally all day today I have dropped things left and right not even meaning to)
This discussion has been closed.