Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member saying "HI"

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
:) Hi,my name is Glor,
I have just gotten registered as a new member of this site. Like everyone else here I have lots of questions and frustrations with back and neck problems. What I am dealing with right now though is major degeneration at L5-S1 which also includes a bulging disc and some bone spurs. I am scheduled for my 1st ESI this coming Tuesday. I just as of today got the results of my most recent MRI taken couple weeks ago, which shows the major degeneration. The doctors office is talking about maybe wanting to do a discogram with the possibitly of doing an interbody fusion. I have been dealing with the bulging disc for several years with the 2nd MRI done back in 2006. I have had sciatic pain for gong on about 8 months now, but have just dealt with it or ignored it as best as possible. But it has got to the point that I can't even ride in a vehicle for an hour without severe pain going down into right foot and now having it into left foot some too. So here I am out of work for 4 weeks, and going stir crazy!! So, that's about it for now.

• Welcome to spine-health....
  • I had two back surgery's last summer on my L4 and L5 and then I got MRSA I had to have another suregery and had to have a IV intibotics for a month!
    I woke up from the first surgery with the worst pain in my
    left leg that I have ever felt, and I still have this pain!! My left foot feels like nails are in it and then half of it is just numb. My leg is so tight and it burns. It is like my leg is dead but it still hurts. I am going to have another MRI or a nerve test in September. I am miserable and in pain. I feel like I am broken and not the same person as before. Just looking for someone who can releate, I know my family is sick of hearing about my pain
    I know that I am!!!!
  • Welcome! My first ESI brought my pain level down 50%, so hopefully your's will give you some relief. After 14 months of trying different things, I just had a microdiscectomy, which is much less drastic than fusion.
    Well I hope your road to wellness is short, and that this site is helpful To you...its sure been wonderful to have found it for myself...
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are in this big boat with the rest of us. But glad that you found us as the members here are awesome at listening and understanding. You can rest assured that you are among friends. Please keep us posted on your progress and good luck.
  • :) maggiev, welcome to you as well. hope you find your way around ok. why aren't you on something like Lyrica or another nerve pain medication for the pain in your leg? it might really help you. good luck and please keep us posted as you progress. Jenny :)
  • glor&maggie-welcome to this site and hope that you will find lots of helpful information and people too :) jade
  • Welcome to Spine Health, you can get alot of questions answered and make a few friends alon the way.

Christina :)
  • Hi everyone, and Thank you for the warm welcome!! Yes, it is a wonderful site, as it is so nice to fine people who can relate and give advice. I am so confused right now as to what to do. As I said I am scheduled for my 1st ESI this coming Tuesday, and it seems the majority of people I talk to that this was not a help. I am going to call my doctor today and see if he's really wanting to do the discogram and if see get it scheduled asap. I am suppose to go back to work on the 18th of this month, and I will only have had 1 shot, so then I will have to take time off again for the 2nd one, and not get paid for those days. So add to all this the stress of finances and worrying about my job. No I wouldn't lose my job over this, but we have a lot of crazy things going on there related to trying to renew our union contract, and the company moving jobs out to other plants. :S
  • About 4 weeks ago I found this site and it has been a tremendous help! So now at this time I just wanted to post an update as to hwere I am headed now. This coming Monday I will be having a laminectomy and a PLIF. :< I tried pt and also had 1 ESI, neither one helped. My ns says that the disc has basically collapsed and therefore my spine is sitting on the nerve. :O I will be in the hospital two days, and dr said probably at least 3 months out of work. At this point I am ready to get this done and over with and start my recovery.
  • glor- best wishes on your up-coming surgery and a rapid recovery... :) jade
  • Hi and Welcome,

I have bad L5 and S1 as well. I had a series of 3 ESI earlier this year after I re-herniated a disc. It helped for several months. After the first one I felt about 50% and after the 3rd 95%. Unfortunately for me the pain came back and I need to figure out next steps. But try it and think positive.