Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

• exactly!!! and they give us UA's at PMclinics???WTF X( im glad they got busted image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />
  • Yeah it's so terrible how narcotic medicines who help millions of people are so criminalized. Luckily I have a very awesome PM who does not require UAs, Pill Counts, Or even a contract! This subject of addicts who are misusing our medication and making it harder for us to get it irks me so much! X(
  • is it hard to get the proper care and medication from our doctors BUT our friends and family read this type of thing and that it is a "wanted" drug on the streets and give us nothing but negative feed back. Whem I was taking the oxycotin the only people that knew were my husband and my very very close friend. So the doc, myself, hubby and 1 friend are the only ones who knew. I wanted to keep it hush hush because most people hear the word oxycotin and they get diareah of the mouth on how bad it is. Same thing goes for Methadone. It is used to treat pain and help people who are detoxing from heroin. So some people think that you get high like you would from heroin.
    Anyway to sum it up people like the ones involved in this case are making TRUE chroic painer's suffer cuz docs either wont prescribe it or if they do and we let that one wrong person in our life know we are taking it we get a lecture from hell. }:)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    No matter what area you might be looking into... Pain Prescriptions, Computer Support, Auto-Repair, House-Cleaning, etc can have their share of personnel that find some way to take advantage of the situation and 'rob' from others.

That article is one of so many that have been published over the years. It does raise a concern when you see so many of those articles going after Oxycontin.

Whatever negative impact that has on everyone, it is so important that the doctors who prescribe this medication and that they understand and know their patients. They also should have no problem, no matter what outside pressure there may be in doing what needs to be done.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com