Hi y'all! Just found this site. Would LOVE feedback. About 10 years ago I was rear-ended. No biggie...I thought. Since then about twice/year I'd go get adjusted at chiropractor. Also, I was told post-accident that I had a "military neck."
Jump forward 10 years...about 8 weeks ago I began experiencing constant pain in neck/shoulders. Had xray and MRI. Long story short:
1) Military Neck with backwards curve
2) Degenerative Disc Disease
3) Bone Spurs
4) 3 bulging discs
5) Cervical Stenosis
So, basically a train wreck between C4-C7. My problem is conflicting advise.
1) Chiropractor: Continue with adjustments, massage, and traction.
2) Friend of mine who is an MD: If a surgeon cannot guarantee zero pain after surgery, consider pain management only.
3) Coworker had similar issues. Had laser surgery on bone spurs and bulging discs 20 years ago- has been great since.
4) I have consult with Neurosurgeon on 4/10.
So, to do or not to do (surgery that is)? Help!