methocarbamol 750 mg

methocarbamol 750 mg

Welcome to Spine-health’s Pain Medication patient community. You can also read doctor approved Pain Medication Articles.
17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Title: Member
methocarbamol 750 mg

My doc has prescribed this for me. Does anyone else use or has previously used this muscle relaxer? I guess my one concern is that the directional use is 1-2 tablets 3x's a day. However the pharmacist said this a strong drug and should not be used while caring for another person. Haha I'm a stay at home mom so 3x's a day won't work (at least during weekdays)if it's that potent. I guess I'm just looking for others experiences with this. Thanks in advance. Smile

advertisement
J.J.Grey
Robaxin

It is the generic for Robaxin. It is a pretty potent med but everyone reacts differently to meds. My suggestion would be to try taking 1 before bed and see how that effects you and go from there. If it ends up being too potent than maybe give the doc a call and ask for something else. They do work well for muscle spasms and they may make you a little sleepy. Good luck and keep us posted.

J.J.Grey
Also

I usually try and take any meds that may make me sleepy around 7 PM. That way I can sleep most of the side effects off before morning.

dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
Rhobaxin = Methocarbamol

I used to take that medication and in the same dosage.
When I first started it, I wasnt drowsy, but I wasnt a sharp tack. After several years using that , I found that its effectivness worn off. But then again I believe after prolonged periods of time, most medicines in their present dosages seem to wear off.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
Dont laugh at me

angela (not verified)
last night

was horrible for sleeping! :jawdrop: I tossed and turned, had repetitive strange dreams, really didn't feel like I went into a sound sleep at all. Even though I felt exhausted each time I woke up, I was so restless. I read that insomnia is a side effect and am trying to see if Ambien is compatible with it.
Dilauro, did you have issues with sleep at all in the beginning?

dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
Help sleeping - Rhobaxin and Ambien

I have had problems sleeping for years. Combination of medications and pain and discomfort levels.
I have used both Rhobaxin and Ambien at night. But before you try that, discuss this with your doctor.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
Dont laugh at me

angela (not verified)
thanks dilauro!

I just called them awhile ago and asked. She gave me the greenlight for the Ambien. It just seems weird taking a strong muscle relaxer and then needing a sleeping pill on top of it.

bigcat90
bigcat90's picture
Hi

I have take 750mgs of robaxin 4 times a time for a long time,i dont get sleepy at all from them...

haglandc (not verified)
No effect

For me, taking Robaxin is like taking a sugar pill.

J.J.Grey
Remember

Robaxin just like any other drug takes some time to get adjusted to. Give it a couple of weeks and the strange dreams and insomnia may subside. It actually works very well for my muscle spasms. I still take it now and then. I switch between Robaxin and Soma. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.
If it continues to keep you awake maybe you should take more of it in the am and avoid bedtime.

angela (not verified)
I do have to say

that it's been a HUGE help for me. However as I understand it, they do nothing for muscles themselves but block the brains reception of pain and tightness (I'm sure there's a better way of saying that to where it makes better sense Rolling ). For now though I really don't care as I've finally gotten relief and boy, do I feel it when the meds wear off. Waiting

Pages