February 2012 Surgery Buddies

Welcome to Spine-health's Surgery Buddies Forums. Join the thread for the month you’re scheduled for surgery and introduce yourself to our community. You can learn more about preparing for surgery by reading our doctor approved Back Surgery and Neck Surgery Articles and watch Surgery Videos.
104 posts / 0 new
Last post
ouch2
ouch2's picture
Title: Member

Hi All,

I am having adr surgery on the 6th of February (L5/S1)
Just reaching out to see if there are others having surgery in February. We could all support each other, compare notes etc.

Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar...come one, come all! Lets get through this together.

Hug Karen

advertisement
winnah
ACDF Feb 2nd.

Hello Karen,
I am having ACDF surgery (c4/5 c5/6) on Feb 2nd. Hopfully! lol! My surgery is scheduled but now my primary Dr. wont sign off until she sees me Tuesday. I have been waiting for this surgery for 4 months, so I hope she doesnt put a kink in the plans.
I havent had any surgeries before, so I am a little worried but trying not to think about it too much.
Good luck with yours!
Winnah

MsHumptyDumpty
MsHumptyDumpty's picture
Ouch I am sending you a

Ouch I am sending you a buddy request. My drs want me to have same surgery as you are having. Is it Ok if I tag along with you on here?

I wish you and winn the best!!!! Smile

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.

ouch2
ouch2's picture
Hi Winnah

Welcome to SH and our Feb. group. Wow, I'm sorry that you have to wait until Tuesday to see your primary care phsycian to sign you off. I am sure its just standard in his practice to see you beforehand.
Wish you all the best on Tuesday, let us know how it goes.

I went for a pre op a little over a week ago, and my WBC was high, I thought that they were going to postpone my surgery. Luckily, after a trip to the dentist, and some antibiotics, I had a new test done the other day and everything is okay again.Phew!

Beth, Of course I will accept your buddy request. What level(s) are they wanting to do your replacement?

Hug Karen

Hug Hug : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

essmoe29
essmoe29's picture
Best wishes with your PCP

Best wishes with your PCP appointment and your surgery, Winnah! As for the PCP visit, that's routine before surgery, so everyone involved can be sure "all systems are go" including cardiovascular, liver and so on.

Karen, I'm glad you were able to get the high white count sorted out so you can proceed with your ADR.
Hug >:D< Hug , Ess

KarenD
Hi, Februaries!

Karen gave me the OK to join with you even though my surgery was 1/26. With the 1 level laminectomy/discectomy (C4-C5) I was in the hospital overnight. Most of the pain is when getting up or sitting down, and more widespread muscular pain.

I really don't like having to use a walker. It seems like sometimes it can be more a danger than a help, but it does slow me down, which is probably a good thing.

I hope all your surgeries are uneventful, hospital stay boring, and you get home to a successful recovery.

Take care,

KarenD

KarenD
4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.

Timae
Hi

Hey I'm having surgery feb 7th. Having a full lumbar fusion.

ouch2
ouch2's picture
Hi Timae

Welcome to SH!You are having your fusion one day after my adr. What level will your fusion be? How long have you been suffering with back pain?Are you having an ALIF or TLIF or PLIF?

I am going to go through the surgery must haves thread to see what things I will be needing and start getting organized this week, and pack my bag.

Look forward to hearing more from you Timae!

Hug Karen

Hug Hug : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

poochiewoochie (not verified)
Good luck to you!

Had mine already but just wanted to send my support to the people who are having surgery in February!

jeffwilson
Hi Karen good luck with your

Hi Karen good luck with your surgery I had mine on 30th December best decision I made now making plans to return to work after 8th months sick leave still struggle a bit with swallowing some food but now pain free best tip Ican give is after op dont lift anything heaver than cup of tea for 3-4 weeks and do some walking before op.Hope all goes well

tigerbear17
I also had my ACDF c6c7 done

I also had my ACDF c6c7 done on1/11/12. Good luck to anyone who will be having surgery soon. We are all here to help each other. Take care, Karen

Pages