The Maverick is a two piece metal-on-metal design that incorporates a more posterior center of rotation. Maverick began a multicenter clinical trial in the United States in the Spring of 2003. Maverick is randomized to an anterior fusion using rectangular LT cages with Infuse (BMP-soaked sponges).
In This Article:
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Surgery for Chronic Back Pain
- Pain Generated by the Spinal Disc
- Disc Nucleus Replacement
- Total Disc Replacement - ProDisc
- Total Disc Replacement - Charité Artificial Disc
- Total Disc Replacement - Maverick
- Total Disc Replacement - FlexiCore
- Facet Technologies
- Summary of Lumbar Artificial Disc Development
- Total Disc Replacement Back Surgery Video
The US FDA study is now in Continued Access mode, the randomized portion having been completed. Maverick is currently being utilized in Europe where clinical series are now also being studied. A large number of implantations have been performed in Europe.
Metal particulate wear debris has been studied, and is not felt to present a clinical problem regarding systemic absorption.