Meet Dr. Alexander P. Hersel, MD
Dr. Hersel is a fellowship-trained interventional pain physician with Pain Management and Injury Relief Medical Center.
As the center’s founder, Dr. Hersel creates comprehensive solutions for pain, collaborating with other healthcare professionals to optimize patients' treatments.
Dr. Hersel at a Glance
- He utilizes leading-edge technologies and procedures for the management of acute and chronic pain.
- He offers epidural steroid injections, facet blocks, nerve root blocks, spinal cord stimulation implants, morphine spinal pump implants, discography, platelet rich plasma injection therapy, and botox injections for migraine headaches.
Dr. Hersel is dedicated to your pain relief.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Alexander P. Hersel, MD Can Help You
- Interventional Pain Physician
Years in Practice
- 13 Years
- Bachelor of Science, Major: Biology, Minor: Music Performance and Composition, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- M.D., Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Intern, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York,
- Resident, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Pain Management - UCLA Pain Management Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foot Pain
- Headache / Migraine
- Herniated / Bulging Disc
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain / Neuralgia
- Neuropathic Pain
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy / Leg Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Botox for Headaches
- Epidural Steriod Injections
- Facet Joint Injections / Blocks
- Facet Rhizotomy Injections
- Injections / Blocks
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Medial Branch Nerve Blocks
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Pain Management
- Pain Medications
- Plasma Rich Protein (PRP) Injections
- Radiofrequency Procedures
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections / Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Trigger Point Injections
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Alexander P. Hersel, MD
Thank you Dr. Hersel and your excellent office staff for your exceptional care. You have made my life so much easier, and I appreciate your dedication and commitment.— Susan
Dr. Hersel is the best doctor I’ve ever had — so compassionate and caring. He is the only doctor that has not only given me relief from my severe injuries, but has corrected and helped to improve my way of life. I love him, he is the best doctor in the world! He listens to what my problems are, and we resolve them together! He also cares about me. He makes an effort to communicate and keep in touch with my other doctors to make sure I’m getting the best healthcare I could possibly get!— Lois
I had my first appointment with Dr. Hersel and I was so impressed with his level of caring. He was very empathetic about my pain problems, and he has set a treatment plan into place. I may have found my hope. The support staff are all pleasant and accommodating.— Renee
Dr. Hersel is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. I have chronic back pain and I endured two unsuccessful back surgeries befor I saw him for the first time. Dr. Hersel made me feel that he was as happy to see me as I was to see him. His front office staff is very professional and the nurses in the surgical suite are top rate. I cannot say enough about Dr. Hersel and the way he runs his practice. YOU’RE THE BEST!— Cindy
I’ve been a patient since Dr. Hersel opened his practice and trust nobody more in regard to my pain issue(s). He listens!— Thomas
Accolades for Dr. Alexander P. Hersel, MD
- Founder of Pain Management and Injury Relief Medical Center
- Research - Halyard Health, Inc.: 2015 - A Prospective, Multi-center, Randomized, Clinical Trial Evaluating the Safety and Effectiveness of Using Coolief™ Cooled Radiofrequency Probe to Create Lesions of the Genicular Nerves and Comparing Corticosteroid injection in the Management of Knee Pain. Role: Principal Investigator.
- Research - Cytonics Corporation: 2015 - A Phase I/II, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled Safety and Efficacy Study to Evaluate APIC-CF Therapy for Mild to Moderate Primary Osteoarthritis of the Knee. Role: Principal Investigator
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Board Eligible, American Board of Pain Medicine
Office Information for Dr. Alexander P. Hersel, MD
1120 Newbury Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- All PPO Insurance
- Worker's Compensation
- Personal Injury
Profile last updated: June 27, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.