Meet Dr. Dean Chou, MD
Dr. Chou is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with the UCSF Spine Center.
He specializes in complex spine surgery, specifically, treating spinal tumors, scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome, and failed spinal fusions.
Dr. Chou at a Glance
- Dr. Chou is a leading expert on spinal tumors, and is interested in taking an oncologic approach in treatment.
- He is experienced performing minimally invasive and thoracoscopic procedures.
Visit Dr. Chou to receive outstanding care for your spine pain.
Dr. Chou is a member of UCSF Spine Center.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Dean Chou, MD Can Help You
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Thoracic spine disorders
- Lower Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Upper Back Surgery
Accolades for Dr. Dean Chou, MD
- 1993: American Federation for Clinical Research Award for Excellence in Research
- 1994: Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Training Fellowship
- 1995: Lucien J. Rubinstein Award for "Best Paper in Neuro-Oncology," American Association of Neuropathologists Annual Meeting
- 2000: AANS Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF) Grant
- 2007: Who’s Who in American Teacher’s and Educators
- 2007: Who’s Who in Science and Engineering
- 2007: Harold Rosegay Neurosurgery Resident Teaching Award, UCSF
- 2003-2004: Spine Fellow, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of Spine and Peripheral Nerves
- North American Spine Society
- Board certified, Neurosurgery
Office Information for Dr. Dean Chou, MD
Profile last updated: October 11, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.