Meet Dr. John S. Shiau, MD
Dr. Shiau is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Institute, serving the New York tri-state region.
For over a decade he has utilized his expertise in the field of minimally invasive neurosurgery to treat patients with numerous spine and nerve-related pathologies.
Dr. Shiau at a Glance
- Dr. Shiau received fellowship training in minimally invasive and endoscopic neurosurgical techniques from Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital.
- He has been named faculty educator with several spinal device companies, teaching surgeons from across the globe minimally invasive spine surgery techniques.
Dr. Shiau is passionate about providing you with outstanding, less invasive neurosurgical care.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. John S. Shiau, MD Can Help You
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Compression Fractures
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Foraminal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Stenosis
- ALIF: Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy / Decompression
- Cervical Arthroplasty
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Cervical Foraminotomy
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion (DLIF)
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- PLIF: Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Sacroiliac joint fusion
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Thoracic Discectomy
- Thoracic Laminectomy
- Thoracic Spine Surgery
Accolades for Dr. John S. Shiau, MD
- Minimally Invasive and Endoscopic Neurosurgical Technique Fellowship, Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital - Germany
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society for Advancement of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- International Society for Advancement of Spine Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- Diplomat, Board Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Profile last updated: July 25, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.