Meet Dr. Michael J. Rutigliano, MD
Dr. Rutigliano is a board-certified neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
He treats a wide range of conditions, including spinal and peripheral nerve disorders and primary and metastatic brain tumors.
Dr. Rutigliano at a Glance
- Dr. Rutigliano also provides deep expertise in such procedures as lumbar and thoracic discectomy, lumbar and thoracic laminectomy, lumbar and thoracic fusion, anterior cervical discectomy, and posterior cervical laminectomy.
- He is a clinical associate professor of neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
If your back is in pain, visit Dr. Rutigliano.
Dr. Rutigliano is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Michael J. Rutigliano, MD Can Help You
- Adult Scoliosis
- Disc Herniation
- Metastatic Tumors
- Nerve Compression
- Nerve Entrapment
- Spinal Compression Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Cervical Discectomy
- Hydrocephalus Shunts
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Reconstruction
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Michael J. Rutigliano, MD
Dr. Rutigliano demonstrated excellent professionalism & empathy for my condition and took the time to explain & show in detail the procedure needed.— UPMC Patient
The doctor explained in layman terms what the problem is and how we are going to attack that problem.— UPMC Patient
What I liked most, was that I did NOT feel like I was on a conveyor belt making my way down an assembly line. This is how I feel with a lot of providers, but not this one.— UPMC Patient
Everything that was explained before my surgery was all true-no surprises or disappointments.Everything went smoothly & recovery was good.Very glad I had it done.— UPMC Patient
As this was my initial visit to this provider, I was very pleased with all aspects of my visit. The staff and Doctor were very professional.— UPMC Patient
Dr. Rutigliano and his staff are outstanding professionals. I cannot say enough about the great care I received from Dr. Rutigliano and his staff! I would highly recommend them to my friends and family!— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Dr. Michael J. Rutigliano, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves (AANS/CNS)
- American College of Physician Executives
- Board Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Michael J. Rutigliano, MD
Profile last updated: July 16, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.