The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Michael F. Schafer, MD
Dr. Schafer is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Northwestern Medicine Spine Center.
He specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders and sports injuries.
Dr. Schafer at a Glance
- Dr. Schafer was given an award for outstanding leadership in orthopedic surgery by the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation in 2008.
- He served as an orthopedic consultant to the Chicago Cubs for over 30 years.
Discuss options for expert spine care with Dr. Schafer.
Dr. Schafer is a member of Northwestern Medicine Spine Center
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Michael F. Schafer, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Elbow Pain
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Knee Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Sports Injuries
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Stenosis Treatment
- Spine Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Accolades for Dr. Michael F. Schafer, MD
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery - National Foundation Traveling Fellowship, Australia
- Fellowship - North American Traveling Fellowship
- Board of Directors of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- William W. Tipton, Jr., MD 2008 Leadership Award
- Chicago Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Illinois Medical Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Michael F. Schafer, MD
259 E. Erie Street
CHICAGO, IL 60611
Profile last updated: January 15, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.