Meet Dr. Paul D. Kim, MD
Dr. Kim is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center.
He is experienced in treating complex spine disorders—performing minimally invasive surgery and motion-preserving procedures, as well as artificial disc replacement and computer navigation-assisted surgeries.
Dr. Kim at a Glance
- He is involved in leading-edge research, authoring book chapters and peer-reviewed articles. Dr. Kim is dedicated to applying knowledge of the latest techniques in order to best care for each patient.
- Dr. Kim takes a compassionate approach to care, talking through options with each patient as he would a family member.
Discover the advantages of choosing care with Dr. Kim.
Dr. Kim is a member of Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center.
The most professionally rewarding experience is to see my patient relieved of pain and return back to normal activities after suffering from neck or back ailments. It is an honor to be entrusted with my patient’s health and promise to use my knowledge and skills to provide honest, well-informed, non-operative and operative spine care to my patients.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Paul D. Kim, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Back Pain
- Brain Injuries
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Hip Pain
- Leg Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Conditions
- Upper Back Pain
- ALIF (anterior lumbar interbody fusion)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy / Decompression
- Anterior Cervical Fusion
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Cervical
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Lumbar
- Bone Graft Substitutes
- Cervical Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Laminectomy / Decompression Surgery
- Lower Back Surgery
- Lumbar Corpectomy
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Decompression
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Scoliosis Treatment - Non-Surgical
- Spinal Fusion
- TLIF (transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion)
- Upper Back Surgery
- XLIF (lateral lumbar interbody fusion)
Accolades for Dr. Paul D. Kim, MD
- Orthopedic Research Fellowship, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Spine Surgery Fellowship, The Spine Institute, Saint John’s Health Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine
- Board Certified - Spine Surgery Specialty, The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Paul D. Kim, MD
637 East Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025
Profile last updated: July 31, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.