Meet Dr. Kirk Whetstone, MD
Dr. Whetstone is an board certified, fellowship-trained physician who provides a full spectrum of non-surgical care for spine conditions.
Meet Dr. Whetstone:
- He provides a “home base” for patients with back, neck, arm, leg and buttock symptoms that originate in the spine and nearby body structures including hip, shoulder, and muscle.
- Dr. Whetstone treats include: neck pain, back pain, muscle strain, radiculopathy (commonly referred to as sciatica when in the leg), spinal stenosis, piriformis syndrome, hip pain, and regional myofascial pain.
- He works to create an individual treatment plan for each person which can include spine education, rehab planning, exercise planning, aquatic therapy, lifestyle modification, massage, spinal manipulation, and acupuncture.
- Dr. Whetstone performs joint and spine injections,and dry needling which is a treatment for muscle pain and trigger points that utilizes acupuncture needles.
- Some patients may require evaluation by a spine surgeon and Dr. Whetstone can help facilitate referral to one of his trusted neurosurgery partners.
Your "home base" for spine care. Start here for access to the many treatment options provided by OhioHealth related to the health of your neck and back.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Kirk Whetstone, MD Can Help You
Years in Practice
- 4 Years
- Fellowship, Pain Medicine - University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington
- Residency - University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington
- Medical School - Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine - Dayton, Ohio
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunel Syndrome
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Disc Diseases
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Facet Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- General Joint Pain
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Hip Pain
- Ligament strain
- Low Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Muscle Pain / Muscle Strain
- Neck Disorders
- Pinched Nerve
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Numbness / Tingling
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
Accolades for Dr. Kirk Whetstone, MD
- OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Interventional Pain Management
Office Information for Dr. Kirk Whetstone, MD
3555 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43214
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 5:00
Friday: 8:00 - 5:00
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Medicaid Mutual of Ohio
- Molina Healthcare
- UnitedHealth Group
Profile last updated: May 30, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.