Meet Dr. James D. Cable, MD
Dr. Cable is a board-certified occupational and sports medicine physician with Texas Back Institute.
He specializes in the non-surgical treatment of back pain, utilizing pain management techniques and physical therapy to help patients recover a high quality of life.
Dr. Cable at a Glance
- As part of the Texas Back Institute team, Dr. Cable was the Medical Director at BackWeRCs and COPE, helping workers find pain relief.
- He has been listed as a best doctor in Dallas by D Magazine.
Dr. Cable is dedicated to helping you manage your back pain.
Dr. Cable is a member of Texas Back Institute.
The effects of time, wear and tear eventually affect all of us. But most of back pain is manageable. Rarely is it serious … so don’t panic.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. James D. Cable, MD Can Help You
- Sports Medicine Physician
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Leg Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Muscle Pain / Muscle Strain
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain / Neuralgia
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy / Leg Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Injuries
- Upper Back Pain
- Pain Management
- Pain Medications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine
What Patients are Saying About Dr. James D. Cable, MD
Dr. Cable was concerned for me, and he helped me fight worker’s compensation for treatment. The CoPE program changed me...I still have some pain, but I have ways to fight it more effectively now. I’m active in my children’s lives, all their activities, and I started a peer support group for patients suffering from chronic back pain. Now I find joy in every day, because I know I have something to live for, not just something to live with.— T.H. - CoPE (Conquering Pain Effectively), Chronic Pain Management Program
Accolades for Dr. James D. Cable, MD
- Former Associate Southwest Clinic, which was the Dallas area's premier occupational medicine group for many years
- Chairman of the Education Committee, Institute for Spine and Biomedical Research, now The Texas Health Research Institute, since 1994
- Certified by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education in 1996
- Served as company physician to several Dallas area corporations including Southwest Airlines and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Specializes in medical treatment and physical therapy programs aimed at non-surgical treatment of back pain
- Medical Director, BackWeRCs, oversaw certification by the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities of the five work hardening clinics
- American Board of Family Practice
- American Academy of Family Practice
- American Medical Association
- Texas Academy of Family Practice
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice
Office Information for Dr. James D. Cable, MD
6020 W. Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Profile last updated: April 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.