Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

I don't know what to do.

Hi. I'm a teenager. Just turning 18. I was getting in the bath one day and I noticed that my back started to hurt. I didn't think anything of it. But when I got in I noticed that the pain was worse than any back pain I've ever felt. It literally took my breath away. It's been a full day now. I slowly made my way to my bed and just laid there in agony. I can't move without having a sharp pain in my lower back. Even putting on pants brought me to tears. I don't know what to do. I don't do anything crazy so I have no idea how this could of happened. I want to see a doctor but I seriously cannot move. How can I ease the pain enough to be able to see a doctor and move a bit? 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,161

Hi brookierena!

Welcome to Spine-Health.

I am so sorry you are hurting this bad. Do you have someone that can get you to a doctor first?
    Try a heating pad and/or ice packs. A lot of times when I use a heating pad it will relieve me enough so I'm able to move.
    But you need to go ahead and make an appointment asap.

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the System Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,269

Hi brookierena,

If it is seriously bad enough that it takes your breath away, and you cannot move without severe pain you need to call an ambulance, or have someone else drive you to the emergency at the hospital. 

in any event, even if it starts to ease a bit, memerainbolt is correct, you need to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you possibly can, and have someone take you there if you don't go to emergency or urgent care first.

i hope you find some relief very very soon!  and let us know how it turns out.

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
  • Hello

It's possible it was a "wrong movement" (sometimes it doesn't take much) and ended up in a lumbago.

A doctor will probably tell you to put ice at first, then ice and/or heat, + pain killer and muscle relaxant

I went thru this end of last year.....A chiropractor or osteopath could help, but you really have to trust him before he/she touches your back (i prefer myself osteopathy, it's more gentle)