Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

removal of hardware

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi I am so glad I have found you. I am researching treatment for my boyfriend he had a fusion about 15 years ago In the past 3 years his pain has increased to the point he goes to work and to bed We were referred to a orthapedic surgeon who orderd a mri since the hardware is so large ( the tech called me in he had never seen so much) they can not tell what is going on and will not touch him does anyone work with a surgeon who might help us?

The dr who put all this in suddenly closed up shop about 6 mos after this surgery I will take him anywhere to get him help I think I need someone who thinks out of the box

All the doctors tell him is to take pain meds he is taking percocet but it really dosent help He is only 45 it is affecting his entire lack of life Since the pain is increasing I assume there must be something wrong in there the pain radiates from his lower back ( the surgical site) down his legs and up to his neck

any encouragement or advice would be so apperciated We live in the Pittsburgh area but as I said I will take him anywhere



  • Does your husband have a PM doctor taking care of the pain? It may well be that there are no further surgical options available, but it does sound like you need to be seen by some other people just to make sure. It is totally unfair for him to be suffering in this way without some help. I can't advise on any surgeons as I don't live in The States, but I hope someone here can help you.

    Good luck and let us know how you get on. This is really difficult for both of you to be living with. Take care, Spicey
  • You should check around close or semi close to where you live for other ortho surgeons and get a second or even third opinion. It sounds like your boyfrieds prior surgeon was a quack.
    Spicey is right. If he isnt already seeing a PM doctor he should be. They can give him something so at least he isnt in so much pain all the time.

    Good Luck,
    Christina :)
  • advertisement
  • Thank you both. He is getting some pain meds from a PM who thankfully is very supportive. I am under the impression that the surgeon who did the fusion lost his license. So I am sure it was a botched surgery.

    He has gone through all the blocks and injections with little or no relief I think when a surgeon goes in they will find something.

    Take care of yourselves my best wishes go out to you

    Spicey My boyfriend Kevin has dual British/ American citizenship small world

Sign In or Register to comment.