Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Discussion with physio today

Spoke to my physio today he agrees with MRI and thinks the nerve impingment on both L5 nerve roots and the narrowing of the neuroforaminal accounts for the pins + needles and heavy painful legs. He's not sure about my balance and wants me to have a head + neck MRI, referral to ENT and hopefully get them carried out before neurosurgery appt in August. Still very worried now and have also got elbow crutches now

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Janet,

Thats good news in a way that they are seriously looking into your symptoms. Hopefully you will find some answers.  I find that my leg pain affects my balance a lot especially when I'm doing my Hydrotherapy.  Things which would have been easy to do before see me wobbling everywhere and falling over.  Luckily falling over in water doesn't hurt.  I also get head spins from lack of sleep.  

Don't stress the crutches.  I bought myself a couple of walking sticks to use when I go for walks of any distance or shopping to stop me falling over.

Phil

• Thanks everyone haven't been able to get on the website till now with my mobile 4G data not my wifi for some reason  I'll try and be patient and wait for the tests and the neurosurgeon.  Hope ur all as well as u can be 

Cheers Janet B UK

• advertisement