Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

unusual and unbalanced abs after spinal rods put in.

Hello,

My abs are very weird, basically i only have one pack which is the one on the top right and when im sitting up its putting all the pressure on that one which causes it to strain.

my spinal story is:

I had kyphosis which is when the spine curves forwards instead of sideways like scoliosis. So i was 8 years old when i had my first operation. i had nothing wrong with my spine but the doctors thought i would have problems in the future so they went ahead with the operation. After that i was fine till i was around 10 years old ; i started to get numbness in my legs as soon as i started walking. i literally couldnt feel my legs i would have to sit down to walk for 2 mins more, i then had another operation which was to straighten the spine and the doctor said the symptoms would go if i had this operation. they straightened my spine and when i came out of theatre i had very bad pains in my legs. it was a mixture of numbness and felt like i was being punched non stop. so the doctors said they had made a mistake and put me back into operation the same night to take the rods out. i was in hospital for a week and while sleeping i heard one of the doctors talking to my mum saying "once the rods are put back in, there is a high chance he wont be able to walk" being only 13 years old at the time i was devastated hearing that but it gave me more of a reason to get better and start walking. anyways they put the rods back in the next week and then sent me home. the numbness feeling when walking did not improve at all. so 1 year later i took an MRI scan and it turns out the problem was that my nerves had no space to move around in my spine so that would cause numb tingly sensations in legs when walking. so when i was 14 i had another operation. this time it was to decompress the spine by shaving of the inside to allow more space for nerves and extend the rods all the way to the bottom of my spine as it would become weaker because it becomes thinner after decompression. since that ive had no operations (im 18 now) and the pain is unreal as you would know

advertisement