Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Reoccurring Pain weeks after surgery

hi, I'm on Wk 6 of lumbar laminectomy surgery for L5-S1 bulging herniated disc. I was doing really well with minimal pain the past 2wks. I've been very careful to not BLT. I am now bed ridden again as if I'm week 1 out of surgery. I don't know why I'm back to being so uncomfortable when I was doing so good. Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea what caused it? Did you get better? I don't recall doing anything to reinjure myself and I'm really frustrated. 

advertisement

Comments

• I know how you feel...I'm 4wks post-op and like you I was doing very well. Even when I was in the hospital the first 3 days I was off morphine except at night on day 2. Since this past Sunday my incision has begun to leak and the muscles feel like I'm back to the first or second week.  I don't recall doing anything I shouldn't have except that I was sitting for quite a while on Sunday. 

Who knows...