Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

3 years pain from stretched nerve????

So I've been to so many doctors and have gotten so many tests for my nerve pain. For three years I've had terrible pain in lower back down to my feet. It's really hard for me to stand for long periods andit flares up very easily. I've been told I had sacroiliitis, then I was told DDD spinal stenosis and facet joint arthritis, and referred to a neurosurgeon. So I got a new MRI and the neurosurgeon says my spine looks great and that I have a stretched nerve injury. The EMG confirmed damage to the S1 nerve. Has anyone had this pain from stretched nerve? The doctor gave me no advice as to what to do and said it may or may not heal. I'm afraid to be more active and just don't know what to do.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,437

Did your doctor mention doing injections? If it were me, I'd call him back and ask what your options are to get this calmed down. Or get another opinion.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thanks for responding Sandra, yes I've had Nerve Block injections and SI Joint injections, both only helped a little. He referred me to another neurologist, so I will see what he says. It's weird because I've never heard of a stretched nerve, what a mystery!

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,437

Keep us posted on what the neurologist says,I'd like to know too.
    Take care.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Yes, keep us updated, I am curious too!

• Yes, I've heard of a stretched nerve. I went to a pathologist once who also works on the body as a chiropractor would and he said my right femur was out its socket and had been for a long time and the nerve was stretched. He said muscles, tendons and ligaments are all meant to stretch, but not nerves. He also mentioned it would take a long time to heal it once the cause of the stretching was corrected. 

• advertisement
advertisement