Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Update on Trial

I had my trial put in to place last Tuesday and it is now Saturday. All I can say is "Thank you, God."  I never thought that I would ever have a life again. The SCS is amazing. The sciatic pain I have had for over a year is minor now. And my low back pain from failed surgery is almost non-existent. My failed back surgery was in 2007. I broke my back originally in 1991. I have to say that my pain level overall is at least 75% better. I had to go in once for reprogramming because it wasn't quite getting the sciatic nerve. Five minutes later and total magic. I just dread the time between the trial and permanent implant which will be a month. I talked to many people who had it done with my Pain Doc. I only spoke to one who it didn't work out. But, she had the trial and even though it didn't do well, she had the perm. I had decided that if it didn't get at least 60% I would not move forward. I have beat that 60% easily. Most I have talked to have 80-90% relief. My Rep says he thinks by the end of the trial on Tuesday, I will be about 80%. My sciatic pain was 24/7 at an 8 on a ten scale. Nothing helped. But now, I have a real life. More energy and even with this belt on, I have got the best two nights of sleep I've had in years the last two nights. I had little pain from where the leads were implanted for two days. But I am over that little soreness. A bee sting is more painful. I am not concerned about the perm surgery at all. I am looking forward to it. If anyone is sitting on the fence about trying it, I say go for it. All you have to lose is pain!  

advertisement