Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How long does the pain last?

kaemack44kkaemack44 Posts: 1

4 1/2 weeks ago I was crippled with severe pain going down my buttock into my back thigh and calf. It felt like one large charlie horse! I ended up in the ER, they gave me a shot of morphine and steroids, and sent me home. Fast forward, MRI showed slightly bulging disc at L4 L5 possible bulging disc at L5 S1 where I had surgery 12 years ago. I didn't do anything to bring this pain on! I spent 4 days in the hospital, had one epidural, and a consult with a neurosurgeon who said when all conservative treatment was completed if I wasn't better I was looking at a fusion at l5s1 L4 I believe. So here I am doing physical therapy taking anti-inflammatories and while I am able to drive now and I'm only walking with one crutch, my walking is limited to a couple of minutes before the pain starts throbbing in my thigh again. My calf does not have pain but it's very tender, and my foot is numb when I lay on my back on the outside and the pinky toe. Does anybody have any idea how long this is going to last? I am so tired of the immobility and the pain! I have been going to physical therapy for 2 and 1/2 Weeks. Mostly they do stretching, electrical stimulation,moist heat, Iand traction. I had my second epidural and since the l5s1 epidural only lasted 11 hours, they went up to L4 L5 and that's when I began to be able to walk with just one crutch. I only have two more weeks of physical therapy left that's covered by insurance. Anybody else been through this? I've never had this kind of pain for no reason at all! Thank you all for your post and help that you give to everybody!

advertisement