Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Hello Everyone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Ashley. I'm a twenty year old waitress from Arkansas. In November of last year I was in a serious car accident. I was struck twice. Once on the driver's side front of my vehicle and again on my driver's side door after spinning sideways in the highway.

I've been in debilitating pain ever since. My neck and back are agonizing, to the point that I sometimes cannot drive myself places. I have severe spells of vertigo and numbness in my extremities. I get headaches that will sometimes last a week, leaving me in bed for days wearing earplugs. My spine curves like an S from the beginning of my lower back up to between my shoulder blades. My neck has a reverse curve in it, what my chiropractor (who I can no longer afford to see) called the worst reverse curve he had ever seen caused by trauma. I also hit my head on the metal of my truck cab in the accident and have had severe memory problems ever since. I had to relearn most of my job when I was able to return to work. I've managed to get a bit of treatment, but there is a major lawsuit involved and I have yet to be compensated at all, even for my vehicle. I had an MRI on my brain, which came back normal.

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I can barely function at all. I only work part time now & sometimes I just sit outside of my job and cry. I can't afford any more treatment. I've been referred to a specialist, but I can't pay. No doctor would prescribe me pain medication because of my age. I'm completely at my wits end with this. I have no insurance. I have PTSD from the accident and driving myself anywhere usually causes a panic attack. I just feel so trapped and terribly depressed

I'm not sure how much sense I've managed to make. This isn't exactly my most eloquent introduction ever, but I'm just so overwhelmed. I came here hoping for a bit of advice or simply support. This forum seems quite nice. Hopefully just having people around who understand will ease some of the stress.

Thank you.


  • Hi Ashley,

    I sent you a private message.

    Welcome to Spine Health. Sorry that you have had such a tough time of it. I hope that we can find a way to get you some help. Do you have any relatives that can help? Does your lawyer have any ideas that might help?

    Hang in there,

  • Hi Ashley and welcome to spine-health.com I am so sorry to hear about your problems, and at such a young age!

    Clearly you need to see a spine specialist, get a correct diagnosis of your spine conditions, start to get some pain management and start working on recovery options. How you do that without insurance I do not know (as I do not live in the US, so I am not up on how the system 'works' there).

    We have a very caring community here and have a lot of people who have been injured in car accidents too - I am sure that you will get some good advice from other members soon. In the mean time hang in there and don't give up hope.

    Take care... Bruce
    Keep positive!


    ...an old timer here and ex-moderator

  • advertisement
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. maybe you should apply for state aid. i have medi-cal and it covers some tests and treatments as well as medications. there are also teaching hospitals. they offer all services, even surgery. they are located throughout the country and there might be one near you. good luck and i hope you feel some pain relief soon. Jenny :)
Sign In or Register to comment.