Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

On Q pain management system

Hi all . I'm one day post op and wondering if any one has ever had an on q pain management system for a lumbar fusion? I have one in but the ball full of meds doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. Really having to rely on the fentanyl and the on q is suppose to help me avoid this. Asked the nurses and they all say they have not really seen one before. My anaesthetist was a locum from a different hospital and she put it in. Honestly don't feel it's working at all.

Any experience you have would be appreciated.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372

Phil
    I read where it is a disposable pain pump. Do you know what meds are in it?

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Not sure. It's got some local anaesthetic for the operation site but can't remember w

• advertisement
  • Sorry. Can't remember what it was. Operation site doesn't feel at all numb. Hurts a fair bit. Just got endone and it's helping more than anything.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372

They are usually used with a numbing agent for the surgery site to help reduce pain.
    Glad you got endone, you don't need to be in that much pain.
    Take care, would like to know how surgery went when you feel like typing.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Surgery went for a lot longer than expected. Almost 9 hours in stead of the scheduled 3.5. All went well in the end and legs feeling better already. Just the post op pain is horrible. Better with endone. 

• advertisement
  • Hi Phil,  no experience with pain pumps. What do they have in it. The ball not shrinking would make you wonder if there is a blockage somewhere.

Mighr also pay to have the nurses show you your charts, they showed me mine after i recovered from day 3..4 pain.  Big red sticker making sure they didnt give me oxycodone, that i knew about.  

Oh look  it says you can get a morphine shot if you need it. Why didnt they tell me that when i was i was lying  face down on my bed scared to move because of the pain. Panadeone forte didn't cut it,  but i knew it was going to be a rough patch so got through.

Hang in there, and get them to check the pump.

Also..next time check the fine print..foxtel and wifi  or gowns.

• Not allowed morpheme. Can have oxycodone and fentanyl. And targin 10/5. Helps a lot. Just got to sit in a chair for lunch. Now back to bed. 

• Seems you get benefit from a wider rsnge of meds.

My point was that there were pain control options written up  by the doctor that the nurses didnt offer me. 

• Well I didn't know about the endone until this morning. Looking forward to having all the tubes out tomorrow.

advertisement