Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Scared with questions

I was just told 4 days ago that I have Arachnoiditis and my only option is a stimulator.  Going to doctor tomorrow about a trial.  My question is if they shouldn't be messing around by your spinal canal, why would they insert leads there?  

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,720
    edited 07/27/2017 - 12:32 AM

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745

Your doc can explain that for you tomorrow. Had mine since Nov 16 and love it. 

• advertisement
  • I have Arachnoiditis, too, and I got an SCS implanted on June 29th.  My previous issues have been at the Lumbar level so they did an MRI on the Thoracic, decided it was fine, and the leads enter there..  The leads go nowhere near the Arachnoiditis.  I hope the dr. clarified what they could do to help you.